How to tell a guy you might be pregnant!?!?!
Family & Parenting / 6:00 PM - Monday April 05, 2010

I am almost 100% sure I am pregnant and pretty nervous about it. How do I tell the guy I am dating...what is the easiest way to break the big news? Thanks in advance.

Don't tell him you "might" be pregnant.
See a doctor.
Have a pregnancy test.

If you really are pregnant, then tell him.
And just SAY it. Men don't like guessing games.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative

If you don't even know how to tell someone you're pregnant, you have no business having sex with him.

I just hope he marries you so this child won't have a Baby Daddy.

why do girls react ok by this? Are you happy you're pregnant to a guy that probably doesn't want to be with you forever? This is not a great situation to be in, and you should be questioning whether or not you want to go through with it at all. There are places for you to go should you consider this an option. I'm not condoning this, but it would probably be best for both of you, and the rest of us.

- Response by thecorrectanswer, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Toronto

Do it somewhere like in an open field, where there are no chairs for him to throw or tables to break.

- Response by istillhatescrennames, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 66 or older

The easiest way would be to send him a text.

- Response by wandatrick91, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?

You must level with him.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Do it in person, be calm and sure.

Be prepared for him to freak the hell out.

He may say things he doesn't mean. You'll probably want to forgive him later.

That having been said, if he seems too dangerous, dont argue, just leave.

- Response by A Player, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

cook him a good meal, buy him so beer to drink and later give him a box with baby booties in it and say surprise....

When your water breaks... he's gonna finally get it...
Just wait, It's a sure-fire thing to get his attention.

Be 100% sure before you tell him. No point in worrying for nothing. Just sit him down and say, "Listen I have something important to tell you. I know this is not how either of us planned our lives. But we can make the best of this situation."

- Response by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

wait until you are 100% sure, not almost. Then just come out and say it in a strong, not weak tone of voice. In a way that tells him it is what it is and we'll deal with it.

- Response by girlpower08, A Sportif, Female, 36-45

Take a test first.. Then tell him.

- Response by gbanga, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Hospitality

you dont say a word till you are 100% sure. Get a test

Listen to the ones here that say wait till you are 100% sure. Don't say you MIGHT be. He will freak out. Wait til you ARE.
Then, tell him gently and expect unhappiness.

Don't tell him til you take a pregnancy test. Once it's official that you are definetly pregnant there is no easy way to do it. As soon as I took a test and knew I was pregnant,I called my ex and just told him.

U find out if u are differently preggo first and not deliv the news u might be. Once u have information u rell him calmly privately and be honest .. Then discuss from there ...

Once you know your pregnant you tell him "I'm Pregnant"

See how complex that was!!

Girls ask this question in 100 different ways.."how to tell a guy this, that or the other thing"..

Men don't need some kind of special approach per say.. men are direct and want directness back.. Why every statement or phrase has to have some "special linguistic code" attached to it in order to tell a guy is beyond me.

Did you ever think of marrying just for fun?

- Response by rhettbuttler, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Self-Employed

i would go to the doctor to be certain first and then tell him.i mean im guessing you guys arent in a relationship so in my mind the only rights he has is to know.

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

When I worked at a planned parenthood clinic years ago, we were trained to be careful not to congratulate a woman after telling her she was definitely pregnant. If you have not discussed with your partner yours and his feelings about having a baby now, I would be talking about that first before you tell him the "Big News".

- Response by wiserman, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Say :I wanted to tell you something, I have big news, I am pregnant. If its a responsible guy whom youve chosen carefully he should take the responsibility and share the news with you... I cant imagine a situation when a guy should be angry at hearing this..( or worse: blame a girl, which is a total madness) then it means his an asshole... but I hope your boyfriend is a different type and you two will be both happy...I wish you this !! :) best greetings, Anne

- Response by anneclover21, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28

I think this is one of the worse news for many guys. I'd say just hang in there and tell him after having sex with him because he would be more relaxed.

- Response by kaosun, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Boston

You take a pregnancy test (or 2 or 3) and THEN you tell him. Because just thinking is not good enough. There is no reason to start this ball rolling on a hunch. take some tests then tell him I took two pregnancy tests and they both came out positive. Now I am going to the doctor to confirm I'm pregnant and to start my prenatale care so the baby can be healthy.

- Response by bellabyrdie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

just take a pregnancy test and show him the results. that way there is no doubt that you are pregnant.

- Response by divadancer2, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Why don't you just take a couple pregnancy tests first? Guys don't like to bullshit around. Also, perhaps next time don't have unprotected sex with someone you don't feel comfortable enough around to tell him you "might be pregnant". Then, if they are positive, tell him that you think you're pregnant, that you took a couple tests, and now you're gonna go to the doctor to make sure....and you guys can go from there

- Response by jasmine27, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

Unless you are 100% sure, it might be a good idea to take a home pregnancy test and get tested by your family doctor...this way you will be sure and you won't end up 'assuming' you are...besides, by finding out for certain, you will be able to verify whether you really are or not...once you are 100% certain, then tell your guy that you are pregnant in an honest and open way...:D

Be 100% sure, don't just get some cheap home test. Go to the doctor. Once you know for sure, decide if you want to keep the baby or not. Tell him you are pregnant (in person)and tell him what you've decided to do, and why.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

if he doesnt want to be a father- you should abide by that.

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

Break it to him gently - he'll probably be shocked at first, and either happy or angry. Be prepared for either reaction.

my guy was kind of upset that i made sure i really was pregnant before i told him. he felt left out on the "discovery" part of it. we are unwed but he gave me a ring shortly after to show that he was not going anywhere. but any way a couple of days after I was sure i told him. I sat him down and blurted out the news and than it was just giving it a moment to settle in. due in Feb!

- Response by A Hippie Chick, Female, 22-25, Denver, Student