When did you go through your hardest time in life??
Diet & Health / 2:08 PM - Tuesday March 30, 2010

I think I am now and have been for a little bit, but I am hoping that means I am done for awhile!! ;) What do you think?

- Asked by christinfusion22, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I was about 28, recently seperated and a single mom. Found out soon to be hubby ran up credit card bill furnishing apartment for him and his girlfriend. I didnt know who I was more angry at him for being an ass or me for being so naive.
Oh well, lesson learned

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

I went through the premature delivery of my Son alone....except for the nurse who was there for me and even stayed on her day off to help, it was emotionally very difficult. My family was states away, and I never felt so alone.....

Even harder was being told that I was disharged and he had to stay, and I had no car at that time to be able to go back and forth to see him....so the nurse picked me up every day and took me home....which made for long and lonely days but at least I was with him every day....

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I'd say from around 13 through about 30. Teenaged years and high school SUCKED. Then it took me another 10 years to get over it.

When I was 27 the loss of my first husband. I hope I'm done for a while too, a long while!!!

1999.

If I could eliminate one year in my life it would be THAT year!!!

I don't want to even recount it!!!

I think the roughest time in my life (so far) was when I told my husband that i wanted a divorce. It was the best thing i could of done. It was tough but it had to be done.

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative

Early childhood, when I was blind and ignored.

When I was 19 transcending into adulthood. I had a severe chemical imbalance and was extremely depressed and having anxiety attacks. That was the only time in my life that I was truly suicidal (I hope I never feel that way again). I actually ended up having a nervous breakdown and ended up in a mental institution for a few days. I've been through many awful things in my life but that was my lowest point.

I refused to be medicated and wanted to sort things out on my own. Luckily I was able to get through each day and after about a year I actually felt better and more like my old self. Then I ended up pregnant with my daughter. I truly believe the imbalance was brought about by a hormonal imbalance. To end up pregnant after all I went through is what convinced me of that.

Thanks for listening.

- Response by A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

When we were first married, lost my job, 2 small children wife was NOT working at the time. Literally out of work over 4 years. Had many Part Time jobs, several ata time. Got fired from a job, lost unemployment benefits for almost 3 months too.
Hardest 4 years of our lives. Survived somehow.
But you know what, I think its a little worse NOW. Back then we auto-workers were losing our jobs and not too many people cared.
Today THOSE people are crying and I know just how they feel. Nothing is forever.

- Response by 7879386, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65

lost my mom and found out i had uterine cancer in the same year

- Response by misdestar, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

Just recently. I am going through a divorce and I am unemployed since September. It will come to an end just hang in there, tomorrow could be the day

- Response by electroman, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Charlotte, Science / Engineering

I think your state of mind determines what is a hard time and what is easy, not your surroundings. So if that is what you think, then so it is! :)

- Response by bastoid, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Sydney, Who Cares?

I lost my job in October, a job I loved, and was told it was because I was incompetent and unethical, even though I know I'm not either. It basically shattered my opinion of myself, and I've been in a depressive tailspin that I'm only starting to come out of. My friends and family have been incredibly supportive and encouraging as I fight my way through trying to find a job in this economy. And I hope you're right that you're coming out of it!

- Response by 23rosess, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I had a pretty shitty life growing up.... gangs...trouble...blah blah blah.... But nothing compares to Now.... It's been a pretty bad year and a half or so

My dad and sister died before I was 18.I found my husband dead in the kitchen,I recently had to disconnect my mom from a resperator and watch her die for 4 hours.I don't think we are ever done.

Probably the first 45 years

- Response by shyrich, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Seattle, Other Profession

I don't think there is a se time that we go through tough times. We all go through different stages in life. Some early and some later.

- Response by tweets4u2, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Teaching

the hardest time of your life is when you DIE, and hopefully your not close to that point yet *

- Response by hotair, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, New Orleans, Transportation

well sweety i have been thru many hard times in the 45 years i have been on this earth..and seem to come thru whatever the ordeal..except for one. and it's a day i will never ever forget.. aug 1st 2006 around dinner time say 4/5 o'clock.. that was the day i found my husband dead.. they say time heals.. well time made it worse because time went by and reality kicked in... it's been almost 4 years and i live in the same home and i still have hard times, as to many memories are here.. so i would/am going to say that is the hardest time i had in my life and will never leave me...

- Response by mburgos, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Who Cares?

I'm in it right now....... Yeah you could be right, you may be done for a while...... BUT if you are anything like me your devoted relative "Murphy" has a permanent bunch at your place..... ROFL!

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

My hardest time was when my daughter died. Your hardest time may not have been as profound - but still it was your hardest time. Use your bad times to grow in your relationship with God.

- Response by integrity111, A Thinker, Female, 66 or older, Who Cares?

Now is the hardest for me. My last two sisters died last year, and now it is just my mother and I left. She is 800 miles away from me, so it makes it pretty rough sometimes. Try to distract myself with work and friends, but every once in awhile I want to move near her.

The hardest time in my life was in 1986 when my new bride of 17 weeks was killed in the Edmond, OK postal massacre. The first mass killing of postal workers. I was not sure I would get through it. But guess what... I survived.

- Response by bigdog52, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering

Six years ago my oldest son was killed in a car accident. It never really goes away you just learn to live with it.

- Response by redbone, A Career Man, Male, 56-65, Food Service