Do you reuse your tea bags? How many times?
Diet & Health / 12:50 PM - Tuesday March 30, 2010

I recently swapped my coffee addiction for a green tea habit. Just wondering if I can reuse my tea bags.

- Asked by 1junebug, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45

re-use them for your tired eyes perhaps, but not to make more tea.

I reuse them on some of my plants that need an acidic soil, but I myself NEED strong tea and coffee, and once spent I cannot taste anything...LOL

My hydrangeas LOVE them violet blue ones are almost the colour of the sky from them...!!

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 46-55

All ewww'ing aside, if you are drinking green tea for the health benefits then never re-use the tea-bag. But there's more to it than that. There is no commercially produced U.S. green tea in a teabag form which contains the active cachectins associated with prevention of heart disease and cancer. The active form of green tea is in the top 3%, yes 3% of the leaves and it is hard to find very active green tea preparations; just thought you'd want to know. If it's just for the flavor then I say just use them until they lose their flavor! Why not? Who said ewww?/LOL.
Kim Crawford,M.D./Anti-Agin g Mind,Body,Skin Care
http://kimcrawfordmd.c om

- Response by doctorkim, Female, 56-65, Miami, Medical / Dental

Nope, My elderly aunt does but no not me

- Response by youngfuddyduddy, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

I don't re-use the bags. To me, it creates a bitter tastes. I also don't squeeze the teabags in a spoon, either.

- Response by falsehammer, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Kansas City, Consulting

Usally once or twice more, just leave them in longer. If it becomes too week they become compost.