Is her boyfriend attracted to me?
Dating / 9:21 AM - Tuesday March 30, 2010

Is her boyfriend attracted to me?

My co-worker is American and I'm Canadian; we're teaching at a school in South Korea. He has a Korean girlfriend and they've been together for over a year. I get along with both of them and we've all hung out several times.

He hasn't done anything to cross the line, but there've been a few things my co-worker has said to make me wonder if he's attracted to me. Its more of a feeling than anything, but I guess these have been the main signs:
- he's said a couple times that he's "curious" about this guy he heard I'd been involved with and then kicked to the curb recently (my friends find that really odd)
-he's asked about my dating life
-he told me last week that the right guy is out there for me. I said that I hoped so, and he said "Do you hope so or know so?"

Anyway, maybe he's just being a friend. He asks how my days going at work, chats me up and invites me out often to spend time with him and his gf. any thoughts?

Hey guys, Thanks for all of your responses. Most were helpful but some were a little unnecessarily rude (and the ratings would reflect that.) I'm not looking to persue this guy nor am I hoping that he'll cheat; I've just been curious as to what his intentions have been with me. Part of the reason may be because very few of my friendships with guys have ever worked out - usually they end up being attracted to me, or if they were the ones that persued our friendship in the first place, they were doing it to try to bring us together. Its sad, but a huge portion of the guys who've made efforts to be my friend have done so because they hoped to become more than friends. If this guy is being this friendly and his intentions don't go beyond friendship, then I think thats great.

He is being a friend. He probably is curious about you ex, especially if you have talked about him. He is showing a friendly interest in your life. He said the right guy is out there for you! and he is trying to get you to be positive about your prospects.

Most guys don't invite the girl they have a crush on out with their girlfriends. There is nothing going on. He is being friendly. Go out dating and stop listening to your friends they are wrong about this.

- Response by bellabyrdie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Here's a thought: Don't even entertain thoughts of your "friend's" BOYFRIEND. Period.

He's just making conversation. Its possible he's attracted but that doesn't mean he's looking to cheat or that he is hitting on you.

- Response by justchuck998, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Atlanta

I think he's being friendly about it. He's just probably curious what kind of dating life you had because maybe he thinks you deserve a great guy just like your friend has. Some guys are actually nice guys and wnt to see where your dating life may be going wrong. Men are problem solvers and they like to solve problems for others and feel like they have accomplished something. Example where I use to work before I had two other male coworkers around me. My friend and I were talking about our dating lives and they would engage in the conversation as well telling us that we should do this and that. They wanted to solve our problems and let us know what we should do when it came to guys. One was in a relationship and the other one wasn't but they both wanted to help. There was no ineterst in either of us what so ever it was just advice being given. So just like pass this and maybe let him give you advice. The best advice you can ever get in dating life is from men. In reality you have to think like a guy to get one not all the time but just sometimes.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

It sounds to me like he's just being a friend.

I really think you're reading too much into this.

Oh by the way, since this girl is not your friend (but he is), according to the dating book of rules, you have the unethical right to go for him hahahha. Good luck and hope it's a happy ending!

- Response by punkalafunk, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Vancouver, Civil Service

Why is it not just a friend thing to you?Thats all it is.And what does the country have to do with it?
Americans,and Canadians,marry many times over!

- Response by baseball751, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

He's NOT attracted to you.
My male friends do the same things and I dont jump to that conclusion. Find your own man.

- Response by redblue4u, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Montreal