It really irritates me when "friends" ignore my text messages!
Friendship / 2:25 AM - Sunday March 28, 2010

If I invite a friend over or out for drinks, I'd appreciate at least a response saying no thanks. Ignoring is just plain rude! And one of my friends does it half the time...Yet if I accidently ignore her texts/invites (rarely has happened the past year)or don't respond right away she gets upset! really???

- Asked by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

She is lucky you are still her friend! I've done this to my friends or family at times, but they know that if I do this it is because I'm busy or something. When they do it they have learned from me to at least explain something. I try to help them understand that we cannot always get to the phone for a text or an answer and we have to be understanding with each other when this does happen. If your friend gets upset, she knows what her intention was when she didn't respond and she thinks you are getting back at her with the same tactic. This is why she gets upset. If you read between the lines you can see the things people do.

- Response by roniroca, A Player, Female, 56-65, Denver, Administrative

Stop texting her with invites! Maybe she wants you to TALK to her once in awhile.

- Response by cakelady, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service

I hear ya...my ex bf did that all the time and he is a control freak! He is a jerk...

- Response by allyirls, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Fashion

When a request is important and/or significant to YOU, then it warrants that you make the effort to dial a telephone and SPEAK to the person, you are making the request of.

It is rather arrogant to assume another person is just waiting by their phone so that they may read any random request you may type.

OMG! Aren't you the sensitive one!

If that irritates you so much, just don't invite her. Get new friends who are more you want them to be. Have them fill out a questionaire so you can screen out those who might offend you.

Text messages are for 8th graders, cheating politicians and cheating golfers. Dah!. Try talking to people who you think are friends. I don't waste my time on text messagers either!

- Response by rastis, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Managerial

Have you ever thought about just picking up the phone and C-A-L-L-I-N-G?

- Response by answerman65, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, St.Louis, Who Cares?

I'm gonna show my age here, but REALLY get a life! If this is the single most important issue with your friends right now, you're good. Perhaps you need to just go old school and call the person. Now that said, I'm 28, I text, Skype, BBM, etc. with all my friends, but every now and then it's time to pick up the phone and call them.

I hate this habit.. if you want me to do something CALL ME.. I don't respond to text asking me to go somewhere its just rude. now if your friend has an issue that is out of line, but pick up a phone.. I have a friend who texts everything and frankly it gets old and I tend to ignore it