How many calories do you burn during an orgasm?
Sex & Intimacy / 8:12 PM - Saturday March 27, 2010

And I am not talking about the whole sex part.

The part just a few seconds before climax and then the climax......

Serious responses only please

Just wondering how many orgasms I need to give myself to make up for a day missed at the gym....

- Asked by thekissbandit, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

Depends on how good the orgasm is :).

Really vigorous sex that lasts at least 5-10 minutes burns 45 calories. BUT....it alters brain chemistry in a way that can alter the metabolism for long periods of time. When all those feel good neuropeptides are coursing through the body people tend to eat less and move more at other times in their life.
It reduces pain in the body. And it makes people feel like they can take on the world and that treadmill.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

PERSONALLY SPEAKING.....FROM THE STRICT LIMITS YOU HAVE PLACED ON THE Q........PROB 10-15 cals.......the process is not a very intricate one......there are only a few muscles involved with a male orgasm......it very specific and limited......and its only abt 10-12 seconds at most.

NOW......the female BIG O is quite another thing....and it would be almost impossible to fig it out as it would have to be done for each female....as they are soo diff in their responses.

- Response by nuttyprofessor, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Transportation

5-10

- Response by damnpoor, A Couch Potato, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

I dont know, and Im sure I wouldnt be thinking about it before, during or after having sex

- Response by sailormoon, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Other Profession