Why do most woman take rejection VERY badly??
Dating / 2:41 PM - Saturday March 27, 2010

I've never known anyone jump for joy.

...:)

.....it's their nature.

....and so is vengence

- Response by nameacarl, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Because we internalize it and we typically respect other people's judgements as we would hope that our judgements would be respected.

When a girl is rejected, they're hearing: "This is what's wrong with YOU" instead of, "This is what's wrong with your behavior/this situation/our compatibility." And many women are apt to believe that there really is something wrong with her.

It doesn't help that men are often poor communicators and leave their parting words open for interpretation.

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Teaching

Women who take rejection VERY badly, are women who aren't used to it... or they just can't handle the thought of it. I bet that MOST women aren't like that, maybe SOME.

- Response by fortminor123, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

It depends on how it is handled. Men make up excuses for breaking up instead of saying the real reason. Sometimes they just disappear and you never hear from them again. If he would just say things aren't working out or you have too many differences between you, then the woman could handle it in a better way. Dated a guy that told me I was the best thing that ever happened to him, and the next day he dumped me and never told me why. That doesn't go over well.

Everyone has a different way of dealing with rejection. I've seen some guys really upset after being "rejected" too.

I think how you deal with rejection is a personality issue, more than a gender issue. It's certainly not easy for anyone.

LOL. I don't know why. But its a laugh. The females who whine the loudest about "no means no" are the first ones to break the lamps and dishes when a man tells her "no." Its fun to watch if you duck fast and can afford the new dishes. LOL.

It's a biological fact that women have less control over their emotions.

- Response by manfather, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Financial / Banking

Men do too. Actually, men become more like stalkers.
No one likes to be hurt, now do they?

Because women are competitive.

However, everyone takes rejection badly. To be told you're not suitable is never nice to hear and I'm yet to meet a person who takes rejection from the opposite gender, a job interview or basically any offer with a beaming smile.

- Response by mantis, A Creative, Male, 18-21

Everyone will be hurt by rejection, it just depends on how you decide to handle it. I know guy friends who acted like they didn't care but right after school, they'd come to my house to lean on my shoulder and vent for hours and sometimes cry.. I know female friends who act like they don't care and not talk to anyone about it. Both genders will be hurt.. just some choose to show how hurt they are..

- Response by keatrina, A Player, Female, 18-21, Vancouver

Because they get emotionally attached to people who they shouldn't get attached to...they get emotionally attached too quickly, and they refuse to see reality...and remain hopeful for something that won't happen. In other words, they live in la-la land.

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

When a guy gets dumped, he feels badly too, but I think men internalize those things much more than women. A woman will get on the phone and talk endlessly with her girlfriends about the matter. A guy might go to the local pub and have a few extra beers.

Is there anyone (male or female) who doesn't mind being rejected?

Rejection hurts one and all.

Some suffer silently, some make a scene. It isn't gender specific. :(

Because they are so used to getting their own way in everything.
Guys are used to it it happens to them al the time. Most guys get rejected a couple times every week, either for asking for sex a phone # or a date.
Shoot I still remember the first time I told a grl not tonight I'm tired. You'ld think I killed her dog.

IT'S NOT ONLY WOMEN

- Response by misdestar, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

I don't take rejection badly. However, I think that men take rejection as badly as women but women tend to express their reaction more.

- Response by poeticlove08, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

my x gf has issues w/low esteem. when i finally broke up with her i thought she had turned into a little girl. she cried like a baby and she said she had told everone we'd be married soon. that right there was the nail in the coffin. i told i thought abour three yrs intothe relationship. not sooner...

- Response by campy1, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Retail

Oh please, this site is full of men who are whining about why they can't get women to keep dating them or have sex with them.

I haven't dated a lot of women, but I have really heard a lot from whiny men I refused to have sex with. I don't think women would be worse than that--I don't think it's possible to be worse than that.

They are not accustomed to it like men. If a guy sees a woman who does not really trip his trigger, he just does not go up and talk to her. Thus she has been rejected but just doesn't know it. Men get it all the time and it is part of being a guy.

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

Most women are socialized to link attractiveness, having a man and being liked to self worth. Most men are not socialized to be very tactful when they reject a woman.
Most men when rejected assume there is something wrong with the woman, most women when rejected think there is something wrong with them.
It also depends on the woman, some women will react more to being rejected than others.
To be fair I think everyone takes rejection badly, some are better at hiding it and men and women may assign blame differently, but it hurts regardless.

- Response by nevenera, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Science / Engineering

Well it might be that we do not like to be mis-lead only to be rejected....idk...you tell me.....do you like to be rejected?

- Response by christinfusion22, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

i think PEOPLE take rejection badly not just women.especailly if its not expected.pain hurts and sometimes the ones you cant stop from hurting by kissing it or putting a bandaid on hurts the worse.

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

because they don't love and APPRECIATE ALL EVENTS for the Blessings that they are !
a quick NO is better than a slow NO

- Response by tpass419, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Alternative Medicine

I think anyone regardless of gender, who has a heart, will be hurt by rejection.

Men who claim that they are tough or do not feel it are only in denial. Or they never had their hearts in it in the first place---which makes it better for the woman in that case...

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

There is so much pressure for young women and girls today to live up to an ideal presented by advertising and the media that greatly affects their self-esteem that when faced with rejection it can be devastating! The key is education in our schools but they have been so co-opted by commercial interests to get much needed money it isn't even funny anymore!

- Response by wiserman, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Because a woman always feel as though they are not good enough or pretty enough.

- Response by clorise7, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Fashion

LOL Women today are taught that they own and control men. When he escapes her control its a major problem.

Its fun to tell a hot babe that you aren't going to do sex with her. It really fun if you can afford to replace the broken lamps and dishes.

Because women have the constant need to be wanted and desired by someone. They want someone to love them and care for them. Women always take it personally when it comes to insults or rejection.

Saying that is like saying: "Why do men feel the constant need to fight other men?"

- Response by careyprice31, A Sportif, Female, 22-25

Women are used to being the ones doing the rejecting. When it happens to them, they can't take it. It's called dishing it out and not being able to take it. Men are supposed to be able to "be a man" and take it to the chin.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45