When a man gives you his business card...
Sex & Intimacy / 8:46 PM - Thursday March 25, 2010

Was he interested in getting to know me further, here's the story:

I went to have lunch after working in the hospital for a long morning. I was feeling sick, unable to eat anything besides sucking candies all day and I bought a bagel, in hopes to stomach it.

All of a sudden, a nicely dressed man sits next to me. At first, I didn't give him any sign i was interested in conversing, but he seemed eager.

Despite my poor mood, this man was genuinely really nice and eager to talk to me. We had a good conversation, despite me being on the verge of practically crying (I was in a lot of pain and really feeling sick that day at lunch).

Then, at at almost 2pm, when he had to go to a meeting, he takes out a stack of business cards and said it was really nice to meet me.

Does he expect me to contact him? Or, is he just trying to get practice introducing himself to people? He had a lot of business cards.

Do you think he's interested in getting to know me more or was he just being nice?

- Asked by hoppyish, An Engaged Girl, Female, 29-35, New York, Law Enforcement

Body language usually signals when someone is in distress. he was being nice and his business card was most likely an offer that he's available should you need and ear. I met my best friend in a similar fashion so I have a good idea what he was doing, he was being nice and thought you needed a friend or that's what I am betting it was.

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

So what does he do for a living? Is he into sales that might practically ask you to buy something from him? If he did not get your number and instead he gave his business card, it could mean either of this 2 things: He wants to sell something to you or he might be genuinely like you and find it a bit too forward asking your number. If you feel you want to find out his real motive then go ahead and call so you will not be sitting there and wonder about.

- Response by asianlovely13, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, London, Managerial

He probably works for Amway and is looking for a sale

- Response by cunninglinguist, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Atlanta, Executive

It was an invitation to call him if you are interested and set something further up.

- Response by joybird, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?