Ladies, how much do you tip for a mani/pedi?
Style & Beauty / 9:24 PM - Saturday March 20, 2010

I never get them. I always just figured it was a waste of money to have someone do something I could do myself, but after finally experiencing the pampering, I decided it couldn't hurt once in a while to be self-indulgent.

So how much am I supposed to tip? I had one done the other day and the pedi lady did fine, but the manicure lady did an incredibly sloppy job painting my nails. She was also kind of rude (something I'll admit may be in part due to a language barrier, so I'll forgive that). I just can't give an additional tip for bad work, considering I'm already paying for it anyway, so I left w/o tipping and won't return to that establishment.

When they DO do a good job, how much do you tip?

- Asked by waitinggirl22, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles

20 percent, and if the pedi and mani techs are two different ppl, they have to split, which then brings it down to 10 percent.each.

If they do poor work, i complain and its then done the right way. the owner is usually there working , also.

- Response by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

usually i tip 10 each when they do a great job but when they dont care and do slop i complain to the manager and do not tip

- Response by beautifullybroken87, A Married Girl, Female, 22-25, Home Maker

It is $29 bucks for the pair here and I pay $40 out the door...

- Response by siouxzen, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

doesn't matter what service industry I am visiting (waitresses, pizza, whatever) I tip 20% unless it is bad service. then I tip at least 10% anyhow and still complain to management if it is that bad. Remember, people in the service industry generally only make $3-4 dollars and hour and the rest is based on their tips to hit minimum wage.

- Response by atenderheart42, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?