Is it bad to take Plan B twice in one week?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:26 PM - Friday March 19, 2010

Okay, so before y'all get mean, I will state this. I'm working to save up the money to get a Mirena IUD put in as the pill didn't work out for me b/c I'm too forgetful to take them. I am with a new guy, and I've had sex every night for the past week almost. The first night the condom slipped off so I got the Plan B pill tuesday night, and this morning the same thing happened?

Do you think I need to take another Plan B? I'm about 20 days or so into my cycle...and if I do take another plan b, is it safe to do so?

thanks in advance, y'all.

I had an alarm set for my pills at the same time every night. Problem is, sometimes when I was out for the night, I'd forget to take them with me....and then not take them til I got home or woke up the next morning. I could go back on the pill, and probably will, until I check my benefits to see if they cover an IUD, which is what I really want.

Geez you guys! I was on the pill for a year and a half but was having nothing but problems with it. Mood swings etc. My dr didn't even give me an option to go on something else, so I stopped taking it am doing my research on the Mirena (although my man got his ex pregnant while she was on an IUD). But anyway, it's not taht I'm being irresponsible, it's that accidents do happen. I know PLan B shouldn't replace b.c.....do you really think I wanted to take this twice in one week? Based on where I am in my cycle, and the fact I only took the pill two days ago, I shouldn't have to take it....it prevent ovulation....

Let me clarify the "too forgetful" part. Often times i get too busy and totally forget the time it is, and am not taking it at the same time every day. My pharmacist told me over 60% of women don't take them properly anyway. I'm sorry if pills don't fit my lifestyle, and the condoms fit him fine...I'm just really tight and have a death grip down there. :P

I refuse to get the Depo shot. I've heard too many horror stories about it.

All the talk about dont have sex if u are not on birth control is a whole pack of fuckery...

I will advise u to talk to ur doctor before u take another Plan B tablet. Remember Plan B shouldnt be use inplace of birth control.

Good Luck!

- Response by Sexyilious, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Student

Don't have sex til you are on birth control. The Plan B is NOT birth control and can really be bad for you if you use it more than once. See a doctor. Be responsible, don't have sex til you are on the birth control.

Plan B is like a cracked-out birth control pill. I doubt anything bad will happen if you take another one. You're basically flooding your system with hormones that say to your body, "Hey, we're already pregnant, don't let anything implant!" In and of themselves, they aren't dangerous (your body makes these hormones anyway), but your body might readjust it's normal levels to compensate and I think that's what they mean by lost effectiveness if taken too often. A baby is going to be a lot more serious of a side effect than anything a second round of Plan B could do.

THAT SAID... I'm on the Nuva Ring and I absolutely love it. I could never, ever remember a daily pill, and I hate the feeling of sex with condoms. I was also hesitant about the shot because of my friends' poor reactions to it. With the ring, it's inserted monthly, very few of my lovers could feel it (and it can be removed for up to three hours without losing effectiveness, so with a big guy I just take it out and put it back in when we're done), and after almost four years I've never been pregnant. It has a wide grace-period for forgetfulness (almost two weeks between when you should take it out and when you NEED to put a new one in), plus I can use it to skip my periods. And I've never had an adverse reaction-- didn't gain weight, get sick, and it cleared up my PMS. If you're having trouble getting an IUD, the Ring is a good alternative.

- Response by anie01, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Teaching

You can use Plan B as often as you need to but be forewarned, the more you use it the less effective it is so you're risking pregnancy even when taking it if you don't get on something else while waiting to be able to afford mirena.

Good Luck!

You need to find a man with a dick that is big enough to fill out a condom.

Stop screwing Joe Needledick the Bugfucker.

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 46-55

get the depo shot.....every 3 to 6 months and you don't have to worry about it.

Ask the pharmacist if it's ok.

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

First off I think this is a question for your doctor. I don't know what the short or long term effects of taking multiple Plan B especially within a weeks time.

Now for the lecture. You know I have to give you a lecture! If this happened before then obviously your man needs to try a different brand as well maybe a smaller size condom to prevent slipage. Either that or the two of you don't know how to put the damn thing on properly! The second thing is if you are not responsible to take your pills as directed or use a back up method along with condoms then you are not responsible to have sex. There are many other things beside the pill, shot or IUD that you could be doing to prevent pregnancy. Irresponsibility is not an excuse.

NOW CALL YOUR DOCTOR ASAP!

Do you have a nightly routine? You know, the things you do every night religiously before nite-nite time?

Like shower, brush teeth, pee-pee, then bed?

Why not put the pulls in the shower? Or next to the toothpaste? Somewhere you would reach for it automatically?

Like, move the toothpaste from it's "spot" and put the pills there, so you reach for them automatically cause that's where the toothpaste usually is....

Make sense?

This using the morning after every day could cause your insides harm. THAT much estrogen so isn't good for you dear...

im not sure about the pill butif ur having that much trouble why not try the ring, i was on the pill but i had the same problem as u so i switched to the ring u cant feel it neither can he and all u have to to is take out after 3 weeks and a wekk after than put a new one in, and have u looked in to fampac? they give free birth control look into it

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student

First off, I think you guys should switch to smaller condoms. I've been using condoms only for birth control for over 10 years and have NEVER had one 'slip off'.

Secondly, Plan B is very toxic. You should speak to a doctor about the risks of taking it twice in one cycle as it can lead to blood clots and other nasty side effects.

- Response by mountainchic, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Just ask the pharmacist, they'll know and you don't have to figure out how to see a doctor. I'd be careful because all Plan B contains is a megadose of hormones to induce a period which is supposed to stop the fertilized egg from implanting. It's not a spontaneous abortion pill whatsoever; it's contraception for those who get into one of those oops situations. In the meantime, downgrade the size of the condom so you're not taking Plan B like a vitamin.

Plan B is emergency contraception, but there is absolutely no harm in taking it twice in 1-week. I'm so glad that it's offered at the Pharmacy, so that women don't have to worry about being grilled and questioned as to why they are purchasing it twice in 1-week S#@% happens. You'll be fine. Also, if you have already ovulated, it can still work, by preventing attachment of the egg, so don't listen to people who tell you that if you have ovulated, it's no good, that's not true. My advice, do your research: Go to the Official Website for Plan B and check to see how it works. And don't listen to other people, it's just a high level/dose of birth control, better to shell out $50 twice than to be paying for a baby for the next 18-years. That's my 2 cents.

- Response by megansweet18, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

I can't take birth control because it makes me ill. I was using the Nuva Ring, but I could feel during sex and little did I know but it gave me a UTI! I had heavy periods and don't want anymore children...so the Mirena was a great option for me. Now I have a little spotting, but no period. I love it!!

- Response by justmytwocents, Female, 36-45, Denver, Who Cares?

Sorry but, I am going to get "mean"

Plan B isn't a damn vitamin!!!

Lock up shop until you:

A) learn how to discuss proper condom size vs. the size he wishes he was
B) improve your memory
or
C) save the $300.00

love my depo shot..

- Response by pureamericnmetal, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Los Angeles, Student

If the condom is slipping off they dont fit him fine..he needs to try a smaller size..YAY!!! TEENIE WEENIE!!!

- Response by eagerbeaver, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?