Medical Assistant Extern in a Pediatrics Clinic....Need major help!!!!
Career / 1:49 PM - Tuesday March 16, 2010

So today i have a appointment to meet with the hiring manager at a Pediatrics office and im really nervous. This is my dream job and i want this more then anything. You know when they ask you questions at a interview like "Why should we pick you and why do you want to work for this department"? I feel like as im thinking of things to say i blank out because im so nervous.

I need your help!

Do you think you guys can give me some reasons to help me better get through this?

Thanks so much in advance

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 29-35

When they asked me that question? I blew them away. By telling them the TRUTH!

I LOVE what I do. I'm damn good at it. I'm passionate about it. And you would be a FOOL NOT to hire me.

That was 10 years ago.....no...11 years ago now.

Tell them the truth. This is your PASSION. This is literally your DREAM JOB. This is what you've trained for for YEARS now and nothing would please you MORE than working for these people in this office.

I think I'd much rather hire somebody who is actually PASSIONATE about the position, who loves what she does, who will bring a positive atomosphere to the joint, than the one who just has...more experience.

Make sense?

if this is your passion? Don't be afraid to let them SEE that!

There's a list of fifty things to NEVER do during an interview on the Yahoo home page today. Print it out and study it.

It's kinda late now -- but preparing for job interviews is very intense. Does your school offer career placement and employment seeking classes? How about seminars by the placement department? There are tons of books available. Read them.

Practice interviewing. Ask people to role play with you asking you the tough questions. Personally for me, I use a small notebook to make notes of points I want to cover in the interview.

Good luck to you. I hope these ideas are helpful to you.