How many people think that Wiccan is Worshiping the Devil or Evil??
Race, Religion & Politics / 11:16 AM - Monday March 15, 2010

No really How many PPL think that Wiccansor other Earth Religions are for worshiping the devil??? And why haven't you tried to find out if is real?

I do not know if Wiccan is real. I actually recently met someone who is Wiccan (and I am sure my family, especially my grandmother is "very Christian" would have a problem with me talking to someone who is, but it does not bother me and I would like to learn more about it.

I mean you cannot judge a book by its cover, and since I know NOTHING about it....I can not say one way or the other if I think it is evil or worshiping the devil....I do know the guy I know that is Wiccan is a very good, sweet person and I could not see him doing anything evil or worshiping the devil.

But like I said I would like to learn more about it, and until then I do not have an opionion. I think ppl who make judments based on lack of knowledge are ignorant...once again just my own opinion.

- Response by christinfusion22, A Hippie Chick, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

They worship Mother Nature. There's nothing wrong with it.

NO, it has nothing to do with worshiping the devil. There is a church of devil worship, I believe in California, but that is not Wiccanism. I have had a couple of friends who are Wiccans. They are what one would call a pagan religion - similar to the druids in pre-Christian Ireland or the Native Americans, I guess, or the Shinto in Japan - they revere aspects of nature and have ceremonies that seem to revolve around natural events such as the solistice.

I'm a Christian, so of course I do not believe that what they believe is the truth, just like I don't think Muslims or Hindus, etc., believe the truth. However, like I told my Wiccan friends - they believe I'm incorrect, I believe they are incorrect, but we can still live and let live. Both of my Wiccan friends believed in the creed "Do no harm" so they were cool with that... :) We actually had some fairly good discussions.

- Response by curvysmartgirl, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Artist / Musician / Writer

I do NOT believe Wiccan is worshipping the devil or evil.

My understanding it is about nature and natural cycles -- moon phases, equinoxes, etc.

I don't think its directly worshiping the devil but it is worship of earth gods and the occult.

I've studied Wicca at length, mostly to debunk all the lies about it being devil worshiping or evil told by some in my own religion. Usually the christian extremest that seem to believe every religion outside of Christianity is Evil. I am christian and as such I hold my own accountable for the lies they would have others believe to get them to convert. Wicca is an earth base religion very similar to the beliefs held by the native Americans and African tribes. Much of it is about good and balance and harmony with ones self and there current environment. Nothing evil about it. In fact much of the beliefs in Wicca are also held by many other religions INCLUDING CHRISTIANITY! I would love for those that have found no religion to call there own to try my faith to see if it is right for them. But if they have one that works for them. Or just find mine doesn't then may they find there peace else where. I believe true Christians do not need to resort to such lies and slander to get new converts, or scare others from other faiths different from our own, deeming them as evil or devil worship. And those that do resort to such tactics have much to learn about there own faith.

- Response by 1man4commonsense, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

Very few people believe that.

- Response by lyon, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Boston, Self-Employed

I dont worry too much bout that........I got my own Problems .....Have a hard enough time minding my own business....I dont need to be minding others

Last I heard Satanism was worshiping the Devil and actually that's not even true: Satanists worship Lucifer the bringer of light who just happens to also be referred to as Satan in your mainstream religions. Wicca is the worship of Nature and the cult of the Earth so to speak. There's a lot of parallels between Wicca and Christianity.

I studied many religious beliefs...

I don't believe Wicca is anything but what it is...
a religion that whorships Dual Deities

- Response by moonflower, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45

wiccans worship the earth and do gross things so yes its evil.

- Response by cristyquartz, A Creative, Female, 18-21, Managerial

I think there is white and black magic and spells.I don't care to look into it as it would be the last thing I would pratice as I do not belive.

Only the fearful and brainwashed think this. I've been dating one for three years. Their beliefs are all about nature.

I heard this BS when I was younger, maybe 15, and I wasn't buying it. I was like, "what the hell do these people no about Wicca anyway???" So I looked it up once and it doesn't have anything to do with "devil worship". I think it's really interest actually. :o)

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

I don't know enough about it to say for sure, but what little I do know of it seems to suggest that it's really just about worshipping nature.

I think that in general, all of the 'major' organized religions condemn anything they can't use as a means of controlling people. You don't need a middle man (priest, rabbi, imam) to commune with nature. As such, there is no way for anyone to exert control over you under the guise of religion.

There have been quite a few cases in history where people who worshipped nature were persecuted. There was at least one period in feudal Japan where Shintoists (mainly a worship of nature) were banned from practicing their religion. It was largely because the religion has no deity. Therefore, there was nothing the Emperor could associate himself with to claim superiority in the eyes of those people.

Some people say Wicca is devil worship because they cast "spells." Personally, I have to wonder, isn't prayer a form of 'spell-casting'? People, singly, or in groups, focus their energy on asking a deity to either do something they want, or prevent something they don't want. I don't see a big difference.

- Response by rokitman, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

Nope - not at all. In fact, I am aware that this misconception is prevalent and is a HUGE issue for pagan (i.e., non specifically Christian) religions. It would be so helpful if people would educate themselves before passing judgment on things they know nothing about. It's true that Earth religions - particularly Wicca, which is probably the most "familiar" are different and, as seemingingly the opposite of the traditional Christian faiths, may automatically be classified by some as "evil" nothing could be less true. Moreover, Christianity (and in particular Catholicism) is notably related in terms of its symbolisms and traditions to paganism...the elders of the early Church wisely realized that converting a group of pagan civilians to Christianity was going to be a lot easier if they presented Christian concepts in a manner these people could relate to and understand. Thus Christmas (birth of Jesus, Light of the World) breaks the darkness of the Winter Solstice (Dec 25 and 21 respectively) and Easter (resurrection and rebirth of Christ) hits very close to the Spring Equinox (rebirth and beginning of new life).

- Response by Nora1968, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Managerial

not a bit true

- Response by gilpill, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Chicago, Internet / New Media

i do and thats because its idol worship in my opinion and beliefs

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I read a book on it and it was saying they use spells so I do not want involved

i have never thot they were evil and they never will be there just miss under stud people think this stuff because this one guy went to ireland at night and saw a wich in a green light with a bug on her he thot the bug was a wort and the green light was her skin he came back to his home town and he told people aboute her people then thot that sence she was looking mad she was evil and thats were the rumors started i for a fact study mythical creature

- Response by kkjjii, A Creative, Female, 22-25

the horned god is actually horned because he is the god of the hunt which in the time before livestock was huge during the colder months when things wouldnt grow. the horns are more like antlers for like deer and the like.

- Response by niaria, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Vancouver

Throughout high school and ever since, I've known and become friends with several Wiccans, psychics and so forth. Generally speaking, these are people who are fun to be around, have love to give and treat their friends well. So the twist is that yes, I actually do believe it to be "Devil worship." Why? Because I believe there is one God. One. And I believe that the one God is the embodiment of all that is good. Straying from that is doing exactly what the Devil wants, so even if there are good aspects of it, the brutally honest truth is that I see it as a perversion of spirituality.

You don't have to do blatantly evil things to follow the Devil. If the Devil required you to be a baby-murdering paedophile (which is the idea people probably have when they think of "Devil worship," then it's safe to that the Devil would be on a losing battle. If you look at the story of Adam and Eve, they walked right into the Devil's hands. They didn't have to do anything blatantly horrible, they just had to eat some fruit. Sound evil to you? This is the way the Devil operates. He presents something seemingly good which will ultimately lead to destruction.

That's my 2 cents.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Student

I have no idea what it involves. Why haven't I tried to find out? Cos I dont care what Wiccans do, its a religion, and I have no interest in religion.

- Response by xerxes, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Washington, DC, Lawyer

Wiccans often say they are against any type of manipulation or control...yet they believe in magic spells and how is that not manipulation and control.
Wiccans say they don't devil worship yet the Goddess they worship has a consort with horns...hmmm Rosey

Honestly, I know nothing of being Wiccan; I have no interest in it at all. Hence, I do not try to find out anything about it. If someone wants to practice that "religion", then that is fine with me. I do find it interesting that if someone makes a post about God in here, they are chastised but not so if you are Wiccan? Double standards?

- Response by rhonda35, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?