Does running (Not jogging) make your butt and thighs bigger?
Diet & Health / 10:31 PM - Thursday March 11, 2010

does running (Not jogging) make your butt and thighs bigger?

Does running make your butt muscles bigger and rounder? How many minutes a day would I have to do to achieve this? And also does it make your hips bigger or smaller, as well as your waist?( bigger or smaller) Because I wouldn't mind if my waist got smaller but I want my butt and hips to get bigger, will running do this?

No, running (or jogging for that matter) will not make your butt and hips bigger. Running will help you lose weight, so you will be smaller all over. Remember you cannot spot reduce fat.

- Response by cool7, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Take a look at serious joggers and marathon runners. Their faces are wrinkled and sagging, even if they are young. Look at Jillian Michaels, she is a prime example of how someone that young can look that worn out!! walk instead.

If you can measure it in minutes, then for that type of effect, you're not running fast enough. Yes, running can hypertrophy your gluts, which will definitely shape your butt. But it should be sprints. I doubt there'd be much room for increasing the width of your hips, however, as that's mostly based on bone structure rather than musculature. If you're gaining muscle and losing weight, your waist is likely to stay the same or become narrower.

- Response by ryanthegreatarj, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 26-28, Student

no way running will make your hips and butt bigger its the opposite it makes your thigh slimmer.ive been running for years but never got big hips and butt.okay if you dont believe me google any long distance athletes they run a lot they dont get bigger hips or butt.the only way to make your hips and butt bigger is to do heavy,yes heavy weight training focussing on the hips and butt area like squats lunges and dont forget to eat properly.now dont thank me, you know what to do now, all the best

- Response by heyyaa01, Female, 66 or older

- Response by Female, 66 or older