My ex boyfriend is sending me mixed signals. Does he still have feelings for me?
Dating / 2:10 PM - Wednesday March 10, 2010

My boyfriend of two years and I decided we should just be friends a few months ago. It was a long distance relationship and things were just getting very complicated so I told him I wanted to just be friends. A few weeks after we broke up I was going through some pretty heavy stuff. He was holding me and comforting then he kissed me like he did when we were dating. I went back to school and we didn't talk very much, but when we would talk he would still say things like we were dating. He once told me that I don't need to go on a diet or lose any weight. I met someone new here at school and was texting him while I was out at a party. We were flirting back and forth but since I had been drinking I accidentally sent one of my flirty messages to everyone on my phone... including my ex. When he got the message and I told him what happened he acted a little weird and was sending me one word messages. Then he started acting fine and saying things like glad to see you have moved on and it was good talking to you again. I still have feelings for him, but I can't tell if he is feeling the same way or not.

Here's the deal just because you break up with someone doesn't mean that all those feelings you had for the one another all the sudden disappear. So it's very well likely that he still does have feelings for you, but you need to understand just because someone has feelings for you does not mean that they want you, or want you back!

It sounds to me like he is trying to accept that it is over and move on. I think you need to really evaluate what it is you want here. If you are just lonely and missing him then this is not a reason to try to rekindle your old relationship. If you really do love him and do not want to live life without him then maybe you can talk to him and see how he feels about things. Otherwise your best bet is to continue to move on.

it sounds like he does still have feelings for you.
It is possible that he just doesn't want to put himself out there and tell you that he still has feelings for you because he may be afraid that you don't have any for him.
If you really want him back and care for him, tell him how you feel.

- Response by careyprice31, A Sportif, Female, 22-25