I'm "annoying" to him? Am I being clingy or is he way to sensitive?
Dating / 7:13 PM - Tuesday March 09, 2010

I know what being clingy is, but is it clingy to TALK to the person you like when you see them? The current guy I like said it was annoying that I was trying to hang out with him so much, but it's not like that at all.

When I see him I go up and talk to him, but it's not like I'm hugging on his arm or asking him out every time I talk to him. I don't go out of my way to find him either (Unless I have something important to say) I just come across him in the hallway and say hi. I walk with him, and he never seemed like he wanted to get away from me. I even asked him if he wanted to be alone MULTIPLE times, and he always said no.

Am I really being clingy for talking to him? I do this with my other friends all the time. Also, I know for a fact he likes me back a bit, so I don't see what's the problem...

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 22-25, Sacramento

if your around him enough to feel the need to ask him if he wants to be alone your being clingy...

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Now is the time to settle down and let him pursue you a little. Start ignoring him or be a little too busy to hang out with him. It may start some sparks :)

- Response by mermaid0202, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, San Diego, Science / Engineering

He doesn't want to talk to you.

- Response by lavender, A Hippie Chick, Female, 46-55, San Francisco

Back off and give him a little space, but do it without asking. If you ASK him if he wants to be alone he probably is not telling you that because either he doesn't want to hurt your feelings, or he knows that you will take it the wrong way and be upset. I don't think you are being clingy by talking with him or wanting to be with him, but all the time it can get to be a little much.

So just back it off a bit and try not being so interested the next time you see him or running towards him like he was giving you a new car or something. He'll respond, I guarantee it. Just be careful not to it get into some stupid game. Those get boring very quickly. Try to find the happy medium.

- Response by doubledare, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

Clingy is a word people throw around when they don't want someone to talk to them. What you're doing would not be considered clingy by definiton. Obviously he's not interested in you.

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

It sounds like he's not all that interested. I mean, you only stated that this is a guy "you liked." Why do you have to ask "multiple times" if he wants to be alone? I think those are the type of things that are annoying him. Well, I guess it's great that you know for a fact that he likes you back a bit. BTW what does "a bit" mean?

Could it be what you're talking about with him? If you're chatting away about your manicure, and the latest celebrity hook-ups, and your hair, and EVERYTHING you bought when you last went shopping... well, you can probably see how that might get on a guy's nerves.

- Response by bliss0392, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

given what you said he said to you, you need to "rethink" that "for a fact he likes me back a bit" mantra. He's not sounding like he likes you "like that" and that's why he finds your attention annoying even if it is equal to what you do with other friends. It may be time to cut back the attention to this guy. Secondly, him telling you this is his way to send you the message he doesn't want a girlfriend or for the impression that you're his girl being sent to others when they see you together. I don't necessarily see it as clingy, not being too sensitive. I see it as you like him....a lot, yet he's not feeling the same and needs to send you that message without directly saying it. Sorry.