What does it mean when a Man says I care about you a lot!?
Dating / 6:13 PM - Friday March 05, 2010

Been seeing him for a year and a half and he attends to hide his feelings and hard for him to open him when he wants to. He isn't ready to take a another full committed responsibility on his plate due to him struggling financially and getting his stuff taken care of. Trying to pay the last two months of rent so things been tough for him. On the phone he says before my small surgery he says I want to prove to you that I care a lot about you, support you and want to be with you. The next day he sure did. :) So in a man's language what does it mean when a man says I care about you a lot! Does it typically means that he loves me? He knows I love him and I have strong feelings for him but I haven't said the L word yet and won't until we are committed.

it means he REALLY likes you, he looks at you and wants to say that you are his to protect. some of us just dont think that love as a word isent a good choice, we love our parents but yet we fight with them and shouldn't think about them as we should from someone outside of our family, so to some the word isent real, we think it cant be defined by a word that is so lose

- Response by fritsberends, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25, Fitness

Most men carefully parse there words and always say exactly what they mean. Until he says I love you, he doesn't. But that's not a bad thing and I am sure that he cares about you a lot. Perhaps you should hang onto your heart and keep him guessing, just as he is doing with you. I wish you the best of luck, whether it is with this guy, or another who is meant for you.

- Response by nautalady, A Trendsetter, Female, 56-65, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

It typically means he cares about you. A lot.

- Response by whoanowchild, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it means he cares about you a lot ;)

Hehe...take him at his word unless he gives you reason not to.

- Response by kaffroake, A Creative, Female, 29-35

unlike females, when a man says something, there is usually no deceibt or twisted meaning behind it. he means he cares about you a lot....

Men say exactly what they mean nothing more....He cares for you alot.... You can take that to the bank....

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

It generally means just that. It can be sliced and diced ,but it usually means just that,

- Response by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

If he says he cares about you a lot, then he cares about you a lot. If he doesn't say he loves you, then he doesn't.

- Response by chessplayer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Administrative