I know he's lying, but am i being conned?
Dating / 4:35 PM - Tuesday March 02, 2010

In a nutshell, i met a guy 37 years old. he had spent some time in prison. but i figure people can change. he has a really close friend that seems to help influence his already seemingly crooked ways. i have feelings for him but he just seems to treat me really bad. no empathy, no interest in anything i do; no respect; has never done one thing for me. i have helped him financially quite a bit; i now have asked him to leave me alone but he just won't. says he wants to marry me. iknow he's just trying to con me for the money he needs to buy a truck for a business he trying to start. 15,000 thousand dollars. no way in hell. he does not realize i am on to him. i figure he would just marry me, take me for the money, and leave. he's evil. his friend is too. he won't even allow me to visit him for a romantic weekend. always an excuse. he lives 600 miles away. but yet he says he loves me and wants to marry me. he just wants to use me. how do i get him out for good! he won't even talk to me for any length of time on the phone.yesterdy, he called me 18 times, and text me 3 times. trying to keep his money connection until he can get permission from his probation officer to visit me in order to carry out the con of marrying me.

are you a moron?

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

Change your number.

Or he is using you and has a woman or wife at home that he doesnt want you to know of. Either way try to get away. If you have to get a restraining order than do so.

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative

AND YOU TAKE HIS CALLS BECAUSE??????

DAMN GIRL....GROW A PAIR ALREADY.

SHEESH....*walking in circles, pulling at her hair*

This is not hard.

Just call the dude, read him the riot act. Tell him it's over. And change your phone number.

You are not stupid. You are not a victim. Just because he wants to keep the con going is no reason for you to let this asshole CONTINUE TO BE IN YOUR LIFE!!!

WHAT IS UP WITH WEAK WILLED WOMEN????

GOD GIRL he live SIX HUNDRED MILES AWAY!!!!!!!!

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!

"but he won't leave me allooooonnnne"

Bullshit.

He would if you MADE HIM leave you alone.

i don't trust him.

Stop talking to him. He is conning you. Why are you still dealing with this lying con artist. For God's sake, DON"T marry him, don't visit him.
I think I'm wasting my time. You want to be used.

One minute you tell us how much of a jerk this guy is, how he is using you, etc. and the next you are wanting to know how to get him to change and crying about the lack of attention from him.

What is it? Do you want to date a thug who has absolutely no respect for you, or do you really want to rid your life of this guy? I say drop the looser! It's really not that hard seeing as you don't even live in the same town.

The only difference between your boyfriend and my ex: he wanted to marry me for a green card.

No, you're not being conned. Being conned means, you didn't know what type of person you were dealing with. Being conned means, you didn't know the person was lying (which you've stated you know). And, being conned would not write all of these things that you were totally aware of and then ask, "Am I being conned?" Please just end this relationship with this man. Get some help emotional help, to find out why you are totally devoid of any self-worth.

Because, you should never have desired anything about this guy. I know people can change. But, it is so obvious that this person hasn't. Stop blaming it on the influence of this "friend." This is a 37 year old ex-con/still con! He is responsible for everything he did, the consequences, and what he's doing now. And, guess what? So are you! Your age range suggests that something is severely wrong, if you had to ask this question after all that you know, have experienced, feel like, and wrote. Sorry, but you need help, before you should try to be in a relationship with any male.

Don't respond to his texts or calls. If he doesn't stop or you don't think you can ignore this con-man, user and emotional abuser, then change your number.

- Response by jasmine27, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

We are in the same age range and I am going through this too. I have been abused all of my life. Have no self esteem and I have been in treatment for almost 4 years now. Look, get away from this man because it will only cause more damage to your self esteem and to your wallet. I use the excuse I am lonely and I cant get better, but these are the lies we tell ourselves.

- Response by raziawish97, A Thinker, Female, 46-55