My bf is very moody, snappy, + hes become less affectionate as relationship progresses. what 2 do?
Dating / 1:45 AM - Saturday February 27, 2010

my bf is very moody, snappy, + hes become less affectionate as relationship progresses. what 2 do?

weve been dating for 6 months and one frequent problem in our relationship has been his inconsideration and overall rude behaviour. it tends to cause little talks (i dont like fighting and for the most part try to talk it out) between us, and in the end he admits that he has a bad temper and needs to work on it. its come to the point of him actally breaking down and crying in fear of our relationship ending and he swears he will adjust his attitude but sure enough, the sweetness and romance wears off within a few weeks and hes back to being snappy, unfriendly, and overall pretty unaffectionate again. i love him, genuinely, and want things to work, but i have a hard time dealing with his two opposite sides and his promises of change that never last. overall id say we otherwise have a great relationship, and im not settling. i do worry tho, that this is simply his true nature and this wont change. he has said he loves me so much and is totally happy in our relationship and that its not me, and that he will make more of an effort to be affectionate and not so moody. i do not want to break up but i do see it coming to that if things dont improve. any advice?

- Asked by doodle123, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I would cut my loses and get rid of him. People do not change. And, men that do this and then cry, have done it before. Next he will be hitting you and then crying and begging you to forgive him.

It is not worth it. This guy is trouble.

You need to find someone who does not need change.

hat you need to do is P.H.O. Piss him off.

You know he is a big boy now and the promises of helping himself must happen or your relationship will fail because he will get worse. I know this because I was once like him, had a bad temper and would embarrish my wife in public and around her friends and I was warned and I love her and understood where she was coming from I was a Narcasisitic prick. I got the help I needed and it was a deep anger for my abusive father when I was a boy!! he gets help or he looses you, his choice!!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

In my medical classes I have learned the most important thing about men. Like women, once a month our hormones fluctuate. If he exercises, takes vitamins, then great. It's called Irritable Male Syndrome. But I figure if he's like this at 6 months, then chances are it will be harder to try breaking up later on the more your feelings grow.

- Response by tootsxe, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Administrative