I didn't tell my wife I got sexually aroused when another woman touched my penis
Sex & Intimacy / 7:12 PM - Friday February 26, 2010

I went to my regular urologist doctor the other day and the doctor is male but he had a female resident with him and she touched and examined my penis so I got an erection in her hands. She turned bright red and I was a little embarased too but I hid that from my wife. Is this considerred cheating on my wife because I feel guilt about not telling her? The female doctor was young and very good looking.

- Asked by A Creative, Male, 26-28, Medical / Dental

It's not considered cheating and it's not that uncommon in those circumstances. But like with women you might do well by keeping it to yourself unless your wife sees it for what it is rather than assuming it's something else like so many are given to do regardless if it has ever happened to themselves or not. You know your wife best so you need to decide. Myself I'd just leave it alone and chalk it up as one of those embarrassing "at the doctor's" moments. Either way it is NOT cheating so forget that one.

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

honestly, there are some things that are better left unsaid. its not really cheating, because it was nothing SEXUAL. it is a natural human instinct to feel sexually aroused, i doubt she gets turned on when she gets a mamogram, but if another man touched her breasts, im sure she might be a litte aroused. dont fret about it.

- Response by ikswoklaw, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Other Profession

If you did not arrange a subsequent date,meeting or exchange phone numbers I don't think even a priest would convict you....

Your wife is not likely to be offended... I think your problem is you would have been terribly offended if it happened in reverse say your wife with a male doctor... Female anatomy and pyschology is very ...let's say different.

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

That's a sticky situation. If you feel guilty then tell her. I don't think that's cheating, considering you were at a doctor's office, and couldn't exactly help it. Next time, try asking the doctor if the nurse or whatever absolutely has to be there.

- Response by fortminor123, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

No, it's not cheating. This is normal. There could be a flash or blonde hair you see somewhere and a guy can get it up, so don't feel guilty.

- Response by doubledare, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

You should not feel guilty at all because you did not cheat. I am sure that this kind of thing happens to men. But the most important thing is that you did no wrong. If you feel like your wife would rather know then not... tell her. It's no big deal... kinda funny actually.

- Response by prettyladylady26, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Food Service

You did nothing wrong!!!!

It is normal to get aroused even if a male doctor touches your penis, and you are straight. The penis is sensitive and any touch can cause arousal. You should not feel guilty.

Well as long as she didn't sexually arouse your intellect, you can pass this time. :)

- Response by mrsmm, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

NO, it is NOT cheating.

You have a physical response that generally can't be controlled. Same with one's nipples becoming erect when not stimulated. It is an uncontrollable physical response.

You need to STOP with feeling guilty and DON'T tell the wife because she may blow a gasket and not understand and feel you should have had control of your physical response. And to make it a little more clearer about physical response, the same thing happens to little boys who are molested due to it being a physical response they don't have control over. And the fact that she was young and very good looking doesn't matter.

That is hardly cheating. You are human.

- Response by imgr8phil, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

Tell her, she'll get a good laugh out of it if she truly understands that you fellas have little control....LOL.

- Response by cubbiegal, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Chicago, Administrative

how would that be cheating maybe a thrill at best

No that is not considered cheating. As for telling her, only if you want to face a shit storm ... see how much absolution that gives you. This would definitely be one of those, "let sleeping dogs lie" situations.
In closing, I wouldn't worry about the incident. It happens to me everytime I visit my urologist at Cheetahs!

- Response by mirage338, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

that is the most retarded thing,
the physician is your doctor not your lover.

- Response by movi, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Administrative