My girlfriend is getting too fat...
Diet & Health / 3:38 AM - Friday February 26, 2010

My girlfriend is getting too fat...

How do I tell my gf she's getting too fat with out hurting her feelings n I'm fit n athletic so don't start the whole look in the mirror bullshit...I love her I just don't wanna lose the attraction I have toward her.

DON'T TELL HER!!!! She'll be scarred forever!!!

Don't even say things like "we need to start working on that cellulite of yours...". DON'T DO IT!!

Rather ask her to go excercising with you 'cause you would like the two of you to spend more time together. Then do any excercise she wants to, like hiking, swimming, aerobics, whatever. Remember, it's you who want this for her so you've got to suffer with her.

And sometimes a little white lie is a better option, if you can do it effectively and in the end it is for the OTHER person's wellbeing, not your own selfish wants and fears.

- Response by stumpedgirl, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Administrative

Having her join the gym with you and start making love more. Sexecise will benefits both of you in so many ways; health and burning calories plus got the big *O*. LOL

Peace~~

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

DO NOT TELL HER!!! You know, it all depends on why or how she gained that weight. Are you guys always going out to eat when you're on dates? That could be a major reason why she's gained the weight. She's probably depressed enough and knows she's overweight. Don't tell her, because it'll be like you're rubbing her nose in it. Just simply find the time to take her to restaurants that cook healthier. Cook her meals. Don't buy her candy and stuff. Then bring her with to do a workout routine with you. Take her for a bikeride if the weather is nice. Take walks with her. There is so much you can do to help her. And by the way, if you love her, I doubt you'll lose the attraction towards her.

- Response by cinnamongirl72, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

I disagree with the girl who said don't tell her make it a date. No this can be wrong in Manu ways: for one, if her weights an issue one time of thing isn't gonna do it, and two, you shouldn't hide your feelings from your girlfriend. If you really care about her please tell her or forever hold in peace. If you pretend like it's a date obviously you wouldn't be capable of doing that activity everyday and evently she's going to want to know what's going on...

- Response by shancook07, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

Everyone has certain flaws, and whether you like it or not, you may need to also do a reality check of your own assets and realize we all have certain areas that aren't perfect. One need not look in the mirror at their own physical beauty, such as you do and don't wish to compare yourself by, thinking you are perfect in this area beyond comparison. Some folks are physical fit.....agreed....sure. ....but are they mentally fit as well? You may wish for someone to be just like you perhaps? You have the mentality that she's getting too fat....correct? Until you can see pass that, you'll have issues thinking no one is good enough for you, unless they are as fit.

No....you have a serious problem here. Try telling her exactly what you posted. Tell her she's getting too fat....see what that does for you. I'm willing to bet she'll come out with so many flaws about you in return.

If you truly love her.....then accept her for the way she is.

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

I had the same problem with my ex-wife. She grew too fat too fast. I ended up dumping her. If your gf is like my wife, then you got a problem dude.

- Response by kaosun, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Boston

tell her to lost it before u decide to lose her but find a little better way to say it

i at that moment would leave u i mean maybe she knows shes gaining weight maybe she likes is not every girl wants to be skinny just deal with it i mean how would u feel if she told she had a roblem with u being to skinny?

- Response by mindgames, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Student