I wish I never met you...
Dating / 11:29 AM - Wednesday February 24, 2010

I wish I never met you...

If someone you once dated or were in a serious relationship with told you (or you found out some other way) that they wished they never ever met or got involved with you and regret it and don't want you in their life in any way shape or form, would you feel hurt?

Let's say that you don't regret being involved with this person (You both cared for each other and there was some good) but the reason they feel this way is because of the times you have hurt them due to your emotionally unavailability and what not. Would you still feel hurt or would you completely understand where they're coming from?

Basically, if you've hurt someone, would you feel you have any right to be hurt if they say something like that?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

Well obviously thats a very hurtful thing for someone to say. Its your decision how u feel just because u may have done bad things or made mistakes doesnt mean u didnt care about this person. right? the person saying that they wish they never met u probably doesnt even mean that they are just hurt. when people say things dont just hear what they say try to figure out why they said it. SO I would be hurt if someone said that but if u think about it they dont even mean that so why get yourself all worked up. breaking up is a hard situation but everyone comes into your life for a reason and u learn from every situation so just try to see it like that and dont worry about if u did things to hurt him no ones perfect just learn from your mistakes and dont do it to the next one. Good Luck!

- Response by star9903, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, San Antonio, Student

Priorities are very important. So depending on how important the relationship is , neither one of you will feel the way you do.

- Response by thewiselady2004, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

A few months ago, I broke up with my boyfriend of 18 months. We agreed to be friends, but any time we tried to talk he would end up hurt and angry, saying how awful I was for breaking up with him and how he wished he had never met me.

I no longer have any interest in continuing any kind of friendship with him. It's a hurtful thing to say and it sucks to hear. Obviously you enter into a relationship with a person because you enjoy them; just because you don't want to be with them romantically anymore doesn't necessarily also mean you suddenly hate them and IMO certainly doesn't negate the good times you had when you were together.

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

Nope I wouldn't be affected by hearing that. I would assume the woman I am broken up with is hurt because the relationship ended and is now trying to hurt me by saying that. Especially if her reason is that I was emotionally unavailable and what not. That tells me that she wanted more from me than I was willing to give her and now she is hurt because I wouldn't give her all of myself right away. Why should I feel bad because I am doing what I think is right and beneficial to me. It is not my responsibility to fullfil every single one of her needs and tell her everything about myself. If she isn't happy with what I was offering her then she can go cry to someone else. Even if she does regret knowing me...at least I'll know that I was good to her even if it wasn't enough for her.

- Response by chal08, A Rebel, Male, 29-35