How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Boils and Razor Bumps???
Sex & Intimacy / 2:42 AM - Tuesday February 23, 2010

I been havin boils for a long time and they are disgusting painful and just ugly!I know for sure that I don't have an std I only had sex twice(recently lost my virginity)and I used condomns both times and I know its not an std becuz I had these b4 I even started having sex anyway.I like 2 keep myself trimmed and I use the razor sometimes 2 clean it up but a I had this very painful boil and I decided 2 shave it all off.I wasn't even thinking and it was smooth and then more boils and razor bumps appeared!My vagjay is very ugly right now Lol If I even wanted 2 have sex I just wouldn't feel comfortable because it looks like I have an std!I tried bursting them and it oozes or pus and blood and a very funky odor and it just makes me feel unclean.I tried calamine lotion and it just make it look worse and alcohol and peroxide and witch hazel isn't working at all either.Its so frustrating and painful and it causing me 2 get marks and is really messing with my self esteem cuz again I don't feel fresh.I went 2 the doctor b4 and all they tell me is that its just hair bumps just really big 1s.I wanna know is there any way I can get rid of them and prevent them???Any homemade remedies or stuff I should buy???Whats a better alternative 2 gettin rid of my pubic hair and keeping it fresher w/o getting irritated???Somebody please help me with my vagina!Lol;)

Make sure you're shaving with the hair rather then against it. Also, don't do it every day. You should be skipping a day in between, or in your case maybe 2. Unless of course your hair grows like a weed. With me it's every other day. Remember a moisturizer and I agree with whoever said it, but a man's razor is WAY better. The more blades the better. It makes it so you can go over the area once and be done because remember the more layers of skin you're removing the more irritation you're going to get. The more I think of it, the more I'm thinking you might be better off going and getting it waxed by a professional. Let it all grow in and let the sores go away and make an appointment.

- Response by tessiewessie22, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Celebrity

If I found out that my body had that severe a reaction to shaving, I would STOP. It wouldn't make a difference what you did, all would cause you side affects, with skin like yours.

I would just trim the hair and keep it clean and even use a femine powder like Summer's Eve. It keeps you very dry and elminates any odor from perspiration or anything else.

If you have access to a tub, I would do warm water soaks at every opportunity. And, adding Epsom Salt to the water will help to heal anything like an open wound. You can buy that at any drug store and it is very inexpensive.

You should use boil ease its a cream it will help keep them away. Also you a anti bacterial soap like dial it will help you have less break outs. Dont pop them you actually help them spread that way, and dont have sex when they are about to pop. For shaving go with the hair, or in your case dont shave. If you have to then try a hair remover cream. Good luck

- Response by courage4u, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

try to use a good razor and good shaving cream if you continue to shave. You might want to try waxing or a depillatory like Veet to remove the hair instead.
If you keep your pubes neatly trimmed and shower everyday you shouldn't feel "dirty" or unfresh.

- Response by cakelady, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Denver, Food Service

Hmmm you been using a "ladies" razor or a "men's" razor? I know this sounds funny but the men's razor seems to work better in these situations it seems. Not quite sure why that is but it just is. Another problem is infrequent shaving. when you leave it too long you will get a lot of ingrown hairs which WILL fester up like boils with all the yuck and pain that goes with it. Another factor is what you are using for lubrication when shaving. Soap is NOT a good option, shaving soap or lather works far better. So if yo want to reduce the problem you will need to shave regularly to stop this from happening and to condition your skin to accept regular shaving.... if you do it only once in a while you WILL have ingrown hair problems.

- Response by canajun, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Vancouver, Self-Employed

If they really are boils, that is caused by staph germs. When you shave, you could be spreading the germs if you keep using the same razor over again.

This tastes really gross, but mixing a teaspoon of tumeric (in the spice aisle) with a little warm water and downing it everyday could clear it up. It's true.

- Response by catscratch, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Executive

First off I would dump the razor and until the infection clears up I would either discontinuing shaving altogether and/or use a fresh blade each time. Then I would get my a$$ back to the doctor. Something more is going on here then just an ingrown hair and/or boil. You may have a secondary infection or an STD. Just because you have only had sex twice and with a condom doesn't mean you don't have an STD and unless your doctor actually swabbed the area and ran tests then all he could do was give you his best educated guess as to what was wrong.

If it were me I would quit shaving until this cleared up. All you are doing is further irritating the area.

I'm not sure if you are able to <a href="http://boilswiki. com/how-to-get-rid-of-b oils-on-your-skin/">get rid of boil</a> on your own, you should see a doc imo

- Response by ashtonas, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 56-65

Try using "Coochy" shaving gel! Got some from hustler (you can buy it anywhere though) and it has seriously helped so much!

- Response by cradlekd, A Life of the Party, Female, 18-21, Student

A light fine grade of sandpaper might do the trick....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Let all of the bumps heal and let the hair grow. Once all is normal try nair sensitive.

If nair is too strong then try an electric shaver. Your skin could be too sensitive for shaving.

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative