I don't have dental insurance, what can I do?
Married Life / 1:04 AM - Tuesday February 23, 2010

I have a filling that has fallen out, I have no insurance and I have alot of other dental problems I can even chew my food very well. I need some ideas of what I can do, I am 42 and need teeth to eat... Help

carecredit.com has this great credit card that allows you to finance these procedures without interest for up to 18 months. The site will show you places in the area that accept that financing.

- Response by evilella, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Self-Employed

You did not tell us anything regarding your income? Your ability to make payments?

Many dental clinis EVERYWHERE are now taking patients with no insurance, low income and even WITH bad credit.

They will work with the amount of the monthly payment and allow payments, interest free, until paid off. And, NOW they offer almost every single service available in denistry. They used to only offer basic dental care. They now even finance implants.

I would go to one of these clinics and start financing.

If there is a dental college in your area, you can get dental work done very reasonable there. In my area they have dentist ""with a heart who does fillings and extractions one day a yr usually in feb or march w/out charge.

I work w/ many ppl trying to get med help , and dental help is just about impossible to obtain with out paying, i know, ppl need dental work but the government does not provide for this unless you are under 18 in most states.

- Response by dreamspinner, A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

Please begin by checking into state medical insurance. I don't know what state you live in, but contact your local assistance office and inform yourself on any types of programs you might be eligible for. Many states have upped the income limits to help individuals and families in the tough economic times we are all facing. If you do not qualify for any type of state program, contact dental clinics and inquire about their services and payment plans, there are many out there that help people without insurance. Educate yourself and also contact the better business bureau to find the most reputable dentist and clinic. Whatever you do, do not put yourself in financial credit card debt! Do not apply for any crazy credit schemes they will only get you in trouble. I'm confident you will find help. Good Luck

- Response by gabriella71, Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Medical / Dental

I am not sure where you are but here in Canada our colleges have dental training so you can go to the college and get the people that are in training to work on your teeth they welcome the experience and they are really cheap and they have a real dentist there to assits,they do great work and its cheap. good luck

- Response by helpme789, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Toronto, Construction

I don't know where you live but see if you are eligible for city insurance. Good Luck and God bless

- Response by momgonenutz, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, New York, Home Maker

See if there is a dental school in your area. They are usually much cheaper than a regular dentist and the students are watched over very closely by thier professors. I did that but ended up with dentures as I was told I needed 12k worth of work. Try to get your work done so you don't end up like me. While I get compliments on them, I HATE the whole freaking idea and feel of them.

with a dentist u can pay as u go and work on the most needed ones being fixed first and then just work through them as u can afford to

Sorry that you are having such a hard time. You can apply for medical, or you can obtain dental credit. You should probably call and find a dentist that will work with you. Or apply for emergency medicaid. Good luck!

- Response by alicjohns9, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Los Angeles, Financial / Banking

Dental work is expensive even with insurance. You may be able to find a dentist that is willing to allow you to make payments without a high interest rate for the work you have done. call 1 800 dentist and see if they can guide you to a dentist that has financing or monthly payments.

- Response by mypony, A Hippie Chick, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Managerial

DON'T MISS OUT - Best Dental HMO - I dont know if it too late! It's available in many states. It's a very cost-effective and simple-to-use healthcare program. Check us out it only starting at $99.95* and $39.95 Individual per Month and $149.95* and $89.95 per month for entire Family. *Initial payment includes a onetime application fee and a $12.00 Association fee. If not completely satisfied with our plans, you may cancel at any time within the 30-Day Money- Back Guarantee.
Dental/ Health Solutions please visit
www.EcoPlansCorp.awisde ntal.com (complete Fee Schedule on this site)
www.EcoPlansCorp.awisc ard.com

- Response by ecoplanscorp, A Career Man, Male, 26-28, Philadelphia

Dental insurance is worthless. It doesn't pay much other than standard visits (and it costs more than that!) and only a percentage of other stuff and often nothing towards major care. Just save your cash, or use a credit card (you're 42, surely you have one), or even work out a payment plan with a dentist.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching