Is My Boyfriend Dangerously Obsessed With Me?
Dating / 1:13 AM - Monday February 22, 2010

Hi. I have a question that I've been searching for other opinions for, if that makes sense. I have been dating an older man for several months now. Before it was based mostly on sex but he told me he was "in love with me" right away. He persisted in dating me for like, 3 weeks until I finally said yes. Now he's always calling me, emailing me, messaging me, calling my friends when I'm at school. One time I was supposed to visit him and I ended up over-sleeping and he drove out 15 miles and walked right into my house and into my room. He has a few drug & drinking problems, and I know he has a short temper. He's everywhere I go and hates how I'm always around guys and or even looking at other guys. He's been angry with me where I actually felt really scared of him. Even before I was going to hook up with him, I was into one of his friend's, and he totally freaked out on the guy and told him to stay the hell away from me, and it sort of felt like he was closing everyone off from me. I'm not sure what to think of this, I've never been in this kind of situation.

Update: February 22, 2010.
thank you very much. I will take your advice. It can just be so confusing and frightening-- thank you for your help.

I'm scared for u. I would most definitely leave before things get way worse.

- Response by A Hip Hop Girl, Female, 26-28, Los Angeles, Student

Run don't walk.This man is sick.None of this is normal.Go while you still can.Don't say you weren't warned.

I would not only get away from that man as fast as possible, I would enlist outside help so you can protect yourself. I don't mean hiring a body guard, but talk to somebody, whether a counselor or a domestic violence representative. This guy may not simply let you go because you ask him to, and in fact may become angered or refuse to accommodate your wishes. Don't handle this by yourself.

- Response by cabbydearest, A Creative, Female, 46-55

MY lady you be careful of him because he is OBSESSED with you, he is stalking you and telling you who to be friends with and where to go and if late you owe him an explaination, babydoll thats control and he want to contol you and every aspect of your life and if you continue to let him he might get very dangerous. I have a daughter that went through with this and I almost had to kill the boy or put him in prison and thats how bad this can get. Tell your parents about this and soon and get rid of this buttwhipe NOW!!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

I'd say so. You need to leave him, and hideout at a friend's place in the meantime. Alert the police if he takes any strange actions. I say stay with a friend, because a man like this can not be trusted. There's no telling what he'll do. Set up plans with a friend, and make it happen. The sooner the better.

- Response by fortminor123, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25

YES! You will most likely end up being a news clipping as a result of this controlling, obsessive "man".

- Response by boggob, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Political / Government

Please leave. He is crazy and a ctrol freak. This is how it begins, he will try to control you then if you dont comply the he will result in beating you.
Been there done that, please leave.

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative

OK I would of walked away once I knew the man had a drug and alcohol problem. To me that's a deal breaker from the start. The man is very controlling and unfortunately this is how abusive relationships start off. They will suck you in emotionally, then they will start controlling your behavior, distance you from your friends, beat you down emotionally and eventually beat the hell out of you. Add that this man has a drug and alcohol problem this is a recipe for disaster.

YOU NEED TO RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

This guy stalked you from the get go.
I have a baseball bat you can barrow!!