I am sick and tired of men lying
Dating / 8:38 PM - Saturday February 20, 2010

I am sick and tired of men lying

to me. I hope this is just me having a bad run of luck but dear god I'm starting to understand why people switch teams. I've gotten pretty good at detecting bs......

Update: February 20, 2010.
I'm not going to switch teams but I am hanging it up. No more men, no more dating, I'm done for awhile.

- Asked by watbuttondoipush, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Financial / Banking

You and me both!

- Response by npink22, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28

With most of them...if they're not lying, they're at least withholding. Of course, they will say that women do that too, and they do have a point. But I hear you. (sigh) :)

I am sorry you get the bad seed's in our side. I wish you good luck to find a good one.

- Response by darkflyer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

if you switch teems, theres gonna be alot of lucky ladys out there is all i can say .... AND I AINT LYING

- Response by tytbo, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Indianapolis, Who Cares?

men are extremely hard to find nowadays. my mom gave me some wisdom when i was kid she said the best liars are the ones that actually believe their owns lies dont believe me just ask your uncles..lol

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I switched!!!

Just like you, I was tired of women lying to me. But I have to good give you a bit of optimism, there's a guy perfect for you out there with your name on him. Remember, you have to kiss a few frogs to get to your prince! Just have a little more patience....he's looking for you just as you're looking for him...and when you find each other....FIREWORKS!!!!!

- Response by guitarplayer2010, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

just take a break....then get back in the game....

- Response by themamu, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?

well i have that same feeling and i write alot about it and have gotten good advice here on this site,men are real selfish are i should say the ones i seem to pick.i did the same thing and got to see who i was and what i wanted,but found a lemon once again and its now back to being alone cause i cant let anyone treat me like that.so i hope you are abel to see that you are worth alot more and when the time is right you are abel to find the right guy.good luck!

- Response by gerard, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Home Maker

If we're honest, trustworthy and dependable... We're boring and then you don't want us. Not excusing liars and cheats, but you're chosing them. There are guys out there, I'm one of them, that won't lie to you, won't cheat, won't let you down. My last ex used to compliment me "Oh you are so honest!". Which I thought was an odd thing to say, why should honesty surprise someone? Hehehe, it does surprise dishonest people though. Honesty is foreign to them. But believe me, I can tell you from experience... Women don't really want honest dependable men. They should lol... cause only a fool would want turmoil in their lives. But thats 'exciting' and to women these days, thats all that matters.

Sorry you're going through what you're going through. Just try and set your sights on a "good man" and not an "exciting man". Cause usually the two are not in one.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

About that switching teams thing...well...you know....
;-)

- Response by myndseye711, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35

i'm single. if you're not bat shit crazy i'll take ya! :-) no b.s.! if you switch teams can i watch? :-) if chicks aren't doing me, they should be doing each other... true story! and no animals were hurt during the making of it...

- Response by dudemcguy, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Student

I, too, agree with you...the ones I thought were lying, were. The ones I thought weren't lying, I later found out were. I have two sons who I raised better than that, and now that they are in college, I watch them lie to their dates/girlfriends and chuckle about it. My two best friends are male, and they are always lying to their girlfriends - and I LOVE them but it breaks my heart to love these guys and know that they are snakes in the grass, too.

They all lie. That's my conclusion.

A friend and I were talking of this very thing the other night, and she joked that we should switch teams! LOL

I've decided to have no expectations...I shouldn't expect I'll be told the truth...I shouldn't expect he'll be faithful...I shouldn't expect him to DO or BE anything at all. If I don't have any expectations, I can't be let down. Maybe that's the approach.

Men may respond to your post that you're just picking the wrong men, but that's not true. I know "good" men, "bad" men, "religious" men, "non-religious" men, "rich" men, "poor" men, "gay" men, "straight" men, "dumb ass" men, "intellectual" men, "gorgeous" men, and "butt-ugly" men - they ALL lie! And not just "white" lies- they lie about important stuff. All of them.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Atlanta, Artist / Musician / Writer

I know exactly how you feel. I am 29 years old, and have been engaged three times. All of these guys I dumped because they were liars/cheats, and I hate people that don't have integrity. I am an attractive, educated, confident, and professional woman. I get asked out all the time and asked why I'm still single. I have dated all types of men and I have found that the majority of men, and people for that matter, lie without conscious. I've reached a point in my life where I no longer entertain or patronize deceitful people. I'm very blunt about cutting them out of my life. This allows me to live my life to the fullest, and enjoy my freedom and friends, without restriction or drama. I know too many women that have committed themselves to deceitful men, and compromised their happiness andlimited their potential. I know what you're going thru is frustrating, because you desire a good man. I do too. The good thing about this is that you are learning about recognizing character. Use this wisdom to quickly weed out the worthless guys. There are good ones out there, but you won't find them if you let the bad ones waste your time or if you stop dating completely. Use this time aaway from dating to sharpen your people skills and work on your happiness. Get really good at recognizing game and BS. Then, when you start dating again, I would date multiple men at one time (do not commit to one until he's earned your time, like in about 3 months), be very discriminating, and cut guys off IMMEDIATELY and PERMANENTLY when your "BS" radar is alerted. You will have to kiss alot of frogs, because the truth is that a good man is hard to find. In the meantime, BECOME the best woman you can be. BELIEVE in the laws of attraction. BELIEVE that you deserve a good man, and that he is out there for you. You will get him.

What a shame... Some people take a ling time to find what or whom they want. Sometimes it is in front of them and they can't see it.

- Response by pepperman46, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

does this effect our upcoming date at all dear ?

What button is it that I push to put a smile on your face again?

...Is it this one or that one? You tell just tell me where to touch...

;)

- Response by eternityzx9, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Executive

Bummer.

Maybe men find you intimidating and need to lie to impress you or to feel "adequate," in which case you aren't winnowing out the inferior specimens early enough.

I think there is an inherent conflict in that you want honesty, but also need to invest time to get to a level where it matters, but don't want to put up with the preliminary b.s. ... what to do, what to do?

I think stopping dating is fine. But don't stop socializing.
Get involved in mundane, fun social activities... Try a bowling league, walking or cycling club, Tai Chi or Yoga, something that will allow you to spend time with men at arms' length, and where if there is no chance of something more, you lose nothing.

Just a thought.

- Response by cd92835, A Career Man, Male, 46-55

Alot of men out there are saying the same thing about women.

- Response by nytewulf, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

i understand that i waited until i was 28 to get married and after 15 years and four children my husband wanted a divorce is that strange or did he go through mid life crisis. i tried to gewt him to understand that the courts and others just wanted us to fight so that could try to make money off us. iu think he likes to he;lp the rich instead of the poor thats what makes me so mad and he listens to other men then me he thinks he knows iot all i think my children know more then him..

- Response by jillrenee1234, A Trendsetter, Female, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer