My boyfriend wants me to wear short skirts n dresses etc
Style & Beauty / 2:19 PM - Thursday February 18, 2010

my boyfriend wants me to wear short skirts n dresses etc

but my legs are skinny and i feel uncomfortable wearin shorts because i think people will laugh at me. is having skinny legs a bad thing or not? but i like how i look in shorts when am at home but i am afraid to go into public with them.

- Asked by phenaminal, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Toronto, Hospitality

i'll bet every over weight woman on this site would love to toss a big shit pie at you right now.

- Response by jackstraw, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Who Cares?

I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself -- but if you feel uncomfortable wearing them then don't wear them. You decide what you want to wear, not your boyfriend. If he cares about how you feel, he'll understand. If it makes that much of a difference to him, wear them in private with him -- if you want. Otherwise, maybe he's too interested in what you're wearing and not YOU.

Mean love lean legs, show them off!

- Response by sweetiebug01, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

He thinks you're hot and wants you to show off the goods. It's a compliment. Listen to him.

- Response by marka, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

Of course - they love everything to do with skinny. It's fat legs you should be worried about.

If anyone gives you crap about skinny legs -all you have to do is shrug and say "At least I'm not fat"...then they will agree with you and back off & go make fun of fat chicks.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

I'm sure you look fine.

Your boyfriend clearly likes the way you look in a skirt. And I assume you're not trying to impress anyone else, right? So learn to like your legs, and show them off. :)

It must be a real drag being slim.

Tell your bf that you'll wear short skirts if he does. He goes first.

...:)

Having skinny legs is way better than having fat legs. You'll look a lot better in those short skirts.

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

i have a girlfriend that is very self conscious about her legs. She doesn't wear short skirts or shorts for the same reason. What we fail to realize is everything we wear is about the attitude we exude with it. So if you like it they will love it, just make sure that it is appropriate for your body. that is what is important. So I say if your boyfriend likes it, you may want to embrace that part of your body too.

- Response by GolfNut15212, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

No...having skinny legs is not a bad thing but if you want, you can work out to tone them up and give them some definition.

I WISH I had "skinny" legs.

My legs are muscular. I've got Martina Navratilova legs AND I have a few scars. I'm grateful for my legs but I rarely go out in public in shorts.

You know how you see those women with tiny, delicate ankles and calves that a man could wrap his hand around? Yeah, I don't have those and I wish I did.

- Response by jenny12, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

Hi Phenanimal,

you should wear whatever you wanna wear. If you feel comfortable wearing them at home, why not outside?
Your boyfriend likes you in them so you must look good. I think it's more of a self-confidence thing. Maybe going out wearing a skirt will be tough at first, but it might help boost your self-confidence?!
Why not give it a try? If it doens't work out, you can always hide them afterwards in your closet. A women always has enough storage place.

Good luck with that!

- Response by lady84, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Brussels

Well you're boyfriend must think your legs are damn fine if he wants you to show them off, no?

:)

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

try wearing fish nets in different colors, those are fun and look good with some shorts/shoes...

Well I would have to see a pic to really know, but overall I would say that skinny legs is not a bad thing at all, far better than those women who have fat legs and think that they're all hot and sexy when the last thing we want to see is some fat legs jiggling around, lol.

If your BF wants to see them then it's a good bet that you have nice legs and since men are much more consistent in what they like in terms of a woman's looks and body, it's a good chance that most other guys will like how you look in the shorts or skirt too.

Overall, if you like how you look in them, then stop worrying about what the world thinks and other people think. Women in particular have to really stop living their lives by what other people think.