Good sex positions for a tilted uterus?
Sex & Intimacy / 1:31 PM - Thursday February 18, 2010

good sex positions for a tilted uterus?

My girlfriend and I are starting to get serious. What do I need to know about pleasing a woman with a tilted uterus?

Update: February 18, 2010.
I'm surprised by how little women actually know about their bodies. Or maybe it's just the women on this site. One in five women have a tilted uterus (not a majority, as the 46-55 anon lady from Utah asserts), and many with the condition experience pain during sex. If you have a tilted uterus and don't have pain then bully for you. My s/o does, and a quick google search confirms she's not atypical. If you don't answer the question, don't be surprised when I don't rate your response. I'm looking for advice here, not self-righteous snark.

I have a tilted one and my fave is ankles on shoulders.

Nothing. The great majority of women have a tipped or tilted uterus. Your penis does not enter her uterus when you have sex.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Managerial

don't push it in too far or it will hurt. I'm sure she can advise you the best though...

Use one pillow for every 3 degrees of tilt in the uterus. If all else fails, throw her on the kitchen table!

........:B)

- Response by beemerdoc, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Celebrity

It doesn't make any difference. I have one and it makes NO difference during sex. If you can reach her uterus you, my dear, need to be in the Guiness Book Of Records.

I found out today that i have a retroverted uterus. I was looking around to see if other women with the same condition found a position that works well for them, and I came across this post. I read the replies and thought this guy is not crazy for asking this question, and I realized how little the people who replied actually knew. (Sorry to offend any of you but its kinda true) The uterus is anywhere from 3-7 inches from the opening of the vagina. So, it is possible for men to hit the uterus or the opening of it causing pain to their partner,especially in women with a tilted uterus. The condition associated with the pain is called dyspareunia. Kudos to you for trying to do your own research to help improve your girlfriend's sexual experience.

I do agree,ankles on shoulders is a good position to try. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone who runs across this.

My Wife has a tilted Cervix... perhaps this is what you are talking about. The uterus is much higher up in their bodies.

The one person that said "her ankles on your shoulders" is our main position since it causes the least amount of pain. Her GYN has confirmed many times that an abnormally shaped CERVIX will cause pain during sex. Couples should experiment to find a position that causes the least amount of pain. We have also had some luck with pillows under the back.

FYI: The Cervix is the lower, narrow portion of the uterus where it joins with the top end of the vagina.
http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/Cervix

- Response by tyshark9, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Oklahoma City, Science / Engineering

http://en.wikipedia.org /wiki/Cervix

I have a tilted uterus and mine causes me a lot of pain during sex as well. It helps for me to lie on my back and wrap my legs around his waist and lift my bottom of of the bed. This should put her at an angle that will make it easier for the both of you and less painful for her. My boyfriend is unusually large so we are very limited to the sexual positions that we can do. I know I personally can not sit on top of him like others were suggesting bc I have to lean back so far to get it at the right angle that it ends up hurting him. So if she is anything like me either the first way will help (she can also put a pillow under her butt) or she could put her ankles on your shoulders. Either way I hope that this helps. The very best of luck to the both of you!

- Response by mandeesdragon, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25

How many ignorant and rude people here... Yes can hurt and cause many problems, just google it. You are a very sweet man for looking it up. The most important thing is to maintain her torso inclination almost paralel to yours. If one of you is in horizontal position, the other cant be vertical or the penis will reach the painful part, and it can be painful. If you are going from behind, ask her to lift and be almost standing on her knees, holding on the bed or some pile of pillows, that will do as long as you are in a similar inclination. If you are on top of her, dont incline vertically, stay horizontally close to her. If she is on top, then let her find the most confortable inclination, let her try bending her body this and that way untill she gets her way. Good luck! Wish there were more men like you around!

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Buenos Aires

The penis does not reach the uterus but when your uterus is tilted your cervix most likely will be as well, andyour penis can touch that making it painful regardless of length. I have one as well and the only positions that same to not really give me a problem are when I am on top, doggy and when my SO is on top. Anything where my legs are up on his shoulders hurts like hell, again everyone is different so ask her if whatever your doing hurts, if it does you can ease back. As for wanting any type of rough sex, usually doggy is best for that if her head is down on the bed. Her on all fours, you will be directly hitting it making it painful.You are right in saying many women don't know about their bodies, because only 20% of women have a tilted uterus. So I'm not sure where these girls are getting their info. But good luck I hope this helped somewhat

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Buffalo

I am a 55 year-old male looking for answers. My wife learned 2 years ago that she has a tilted uterus. Needless to say, the bedroom seen has been bleak. We are trying to figure out ways to make it less painful. i enjoy giving her oral, and she loves it. But she feels guilty and allows me to have intercourse, but I can see it hurts her. So, that takes enjoyment out of it. I love her, and continue to look for solutions. KY has been of some help, but she is limited to positions that free her of pain! Any suggestions? Masturbation is getting old!

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

Maybe you can Google the question? I don't have any experience with a tilted uterus myself and I don't really know anything about it so I really don't feel like I can give advice.

Sorry everyone is jumping your case, people can be bitchy on here sometimes. I think it's nice that you're concerned about your girlfriend's wellbeing.

- Response by lizarella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

You are bizarre. A tilted uterus isn't going to matter until she gives birth...Rosey

Since apparently you believe you know so much about the female body, have your gal see her GYN. They can advise her. You don't KNOW the female body, and you were given advice here. Go with your gal when she sees the GYN and ask him about it. It's POSSIBLE that you are banging her too hard, why don't you ease up. DUHHH

You aren't nice rating people zeros for telling you the facts.
You Are NOT going to reach her uterus. Have sex and enjoy, geez.

Yes the man can hit the uterus, a finger can hit the cervix and the cervix is connected to the uterus. If the man is well endowed it can hit the wall of the uterus. I have a complete retroverted uterus and sex is always painfull but some positions are not and have talked to my gynecologist and he offered positions where the man isn't able to go in as deep. Have the women lay on her belly flat legs together and the man on top the man won't be able to go in as far so it will not hit the wall. In any position closing the legs together help from it going too deep. Hope this helps!!!