Female co-worker acting rude toward me
Career / 11:00 AM - Wednesday February 17, 2010

Female co-worker acting rude toward me

I came to work two days ago and my female co-worker was rude toward me. She is about 19 or 20 year old. She threw the box in front of my face and laugh about it. She thought it was funny and feel that I should pick the box from the floor that she threw. I told her that I am not her slave and will not do her job. She overheard me yesterday saying that I do not like her bad attitude toward me. She went and told the boss. The boss call me in her office and ask me why I was being mean to the female co-worker. I told my boss that I do not appreciate being treated like crap. I think it is very immature that she made up a lie on me knowing that she did treated me so wrong. I realize that the female co-worker thought it was ok to make fun of me but didn't like it when I talk about her so bad. I did ignore her at work yesterday because I realize that she is not worth the dramas. My friends said that she is making fun of me because I got a hearing loss disability and talk different cause of my hearing loss. I know that I am not stupid because I do have a college degree. I am also very independent, pay my own bills and live in my own apartment. I just feel that the female co-worker judged me wrong without getting to know me.

What is up with the female co-worker's bad attitude toward me when I done nothing wrong to her?

Update: February 25, 2010.
I just want to thank everyone for their nice opinions. I got called in the office again this week and found out why that certain employee felt I was being rude to her. She told my boss that I do yelled sometimes and it do offend her. My boss and I know that I do yelled sometimes because of my hearing loss disability. I can't hear my speech voices sometimes when I yelled. She also told my boss that I am making more mistakes than her even though I had been working there for 3 years. I felt that she do not understand what it is like to deal with a hearing loss disability on a daily basis. She shouldn't had judged me wrong based on why I talk so different from her. I am not going to waste my times in being friend with female employee cause I feel that she is not mature to tell the truth. Maturity is when you tell the truth and admit that you make your mistakes too.

- Asked by missy74, A Sportif, Female, 36-45, Indianapolis, Other Profession

She is am immature little bitch who is on a power trip. Dont feed her craving. Dont look her in the eye, only speak to her when spoken to, and when she throws things keep walking. She will grow tired of it, but more importantly, others will see her true nature and will lose all respect for her.

It's your responsibility to remain professional at all times. When she threw the box at you, you should've said something like, "That was inappropriate. Please pick up the box and don't do things like that again". If she refused, you should have gone to your supervisor and told her what was going on. It's never a good idea to gossip with your coworkers about your feelings towards other coworkers; if you have an issue with someone, go director to the supervisor. As for this girl's bad attitude, ignore it and ignore her... be cordial and talk to her about work matters only.

she is a turd. ignore her completely . dont talk to her or about her. if she is mean to you go to your boss and tell them that under the Americans with disability act you are entitled to be treated well at work and being made fun of is discrimination and a hate crime.

- Response by galdeen, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Administrative

I would ignore her. And it is great you have a job, I am hearing impaired too, and have not been able to hold down a job.

- Response by trishay79, Female, 29-35

I think she's a bully and a show off! Just try to continue to ignore her. If that doesn't help, I would talk to your supervisor or Human Resources about it.

Anyone that makes fun of a person with any disability isn't worth the time or energy to bother with. Ignore the stupid little bitch. She is making an ass out of herself.

If you have any type of disability and she is making fun of you, you need to go to HR, not your boss. This should not be tolerated at all. If I were the boss I would fire her. You don't bully others like she is doing to you and I would not put up with it another day. She thinks she can skate by on her looks and age I bet....