Fighting on Valentine's Day
Married Life / 4:56 PM - Sunday February 14, 2010

Fighting on Valentine's Day

Have you ever had a fight with your s/o other on Valentine's Day? Bad enough where you don't even want to continue with dinner plans? It's so frustrating to have this nice mushy card all written out for my husband...and now we're not speaking. UGH.

Wow! Now, that's really sad. No, I can't say that's ever happened to me. But, if it did, we'd work it out or cancel plans. I can't be fake. What in the world does someone have to argue about on Valentine's Day? I would think on this day, both people would be in a different type of mood, where they'd make sure there was no disagreements, if for this day alone.

My ex and I fought on every holiday. Any time we had plans, he'd pick a fight. I came to expect it. How pathetic, huh?

Thank God he's gone.

Don't feel bad..I gave my husband a card, offered to make him breakfast this morning and do I get even a simple card? Nope, nothing. So, if he is expecting sex tonight, he is going to be getting very familiar with his hand and fingers....

- Response by greysorrel, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

So much pressure on Valentine's Day to make it a special romantic day! Everyone trying to come up with something wonderful to do or the perfect gift to give. It can create tension for sure.

My husband and I keep things very low key. Just enjoy our time together .. no big plans. Much more enjoyable and relaxing that way. No arguments here.

- Response by mrscleaver16, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65

for future reference, if it's not a major-issue fight, valentines day is a day to 'get over it' quickly and move on, 'let it go' etc...and continue on with your romantic plans. live to fight another day, so to speak :) that said, i personally think to much emphasis is placed on valentines day. yes it's nice to have a special 'love day' but, in reality, you could really celebrate it any time. if your fight last through the holiday, wait until next weekend to make it up. or the next day, however it works out for you. having got this post-valentines, i hope it all worked out for you. :)

- Response by wookieluvr88, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Home Maker

Why would you even have a fight on Vanentine's Day? It takes two to tango.

- Response by dambreaker, A Father Figure, Male, 56-65, Retired