Is it proper to wear the wedding ring on the right hand?
Married Life / 12:47 AM - Saturday February 13, 2010

is it proper to wear the wedding ring on the right hand?

getting a divorce...what to do with the ring...i am currently wearing on my right hand, just because i really like it...doesnt look like a traditional wedding ring.

is just pretty with 3 stones...

is this okay?

i am ok with it emotionally...but just wonder what yalls thoughts were...

- Asked by sherocks, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Dallas, Internet / New Media

funny how a little ring symbolizes so much.

i'm not sure if there etiquette to wearing your wedding ring when you are no longer married.

i say, it is your ring, wear it for as long as you want.

it's a hard step. do what feels right to you...

- Response by luckycowgirl, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Celebrity

It is definitely your choice in regards to what you wish to do with it, as long as it is not a family heirloom from your ex. But for me personally, if the marriage ended in divorce I would definitely sell it or take it off to get started on a brand new life without being reminded of what went wrong in the marriage every time I look at it. I also wouldn't want to convey to any guys I might date after the divorce that I am still thinking about the marriage or my ex by still having the wedding ring still on any finger of mine. I mean to some extent most wouldn't think of it as a wedding ring or even ask too much about it. But it could make things a bit awkward with someone you liked and had to explain about it.

- Response by CursedRomantic, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Columbus, Student

My lady etiquette is, if your divorced legally you can wear the old wedding ring on the right hand. When out this signifies that your single but divorced and that you have experience and just not single and no-experience, but that has passed but it up to the individual as to do whats for them as for me I did wear my old ring on my right hand and after I got married again off it went and into the river where my first stinking marrage should have went!!

- Response by ptawillis, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Medical / Dental

oh, honey, i'm sorry about the divorce......hope this all works out for you.......to answer your question, it's your ring and you can wear it wherever you choose.....take care, sweetie

- Response by themamu, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?

I think that is the perfect solution. Hope you are okay and get through this alright. Smiles.

Why keep all the marriage energy?As soon as your divorce is signed, sell it and go on a trip!

- Response by sailormoon, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

If you're ok with it then Great!!, It fit's wear it

- Response by darkflyer, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

I would keep wearing it if you like it.WHy not.

No, its not proper to wear it at all. The ring signifies something; something I'm guessing your abandoning.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching