What does it mean when my ex girlfriend says she still loves me?
Dating / 11:42 AM - Thursday February 11, 2010

Just before the break up things were great she was telling me she was crazy for me and loved me so much, then she says thats it we are broke up. She is now with someone else, but we still talking and she says she loves me and dreams of me alot, and hopes I will see her again she says she thinks about me alot. I dont know what way to handle her now?.

Sounds like she wants to have you around just in case this new relationship doesn't work out. She needs to make up her mind and not string you along.

I would tell her she made her decision to be with someone else. Personally, I would move on and find someone who doesn't play games with my heart.

Don't handle her at all, she's using you as a fall-back, or a back-up plan. Maybe she does love you in her own way, but it doesn't seem to be enough and you shouldn't have to follow her game.

- Response by jenjenmcmorris, A Married Girl, Female, 26-28, Home Maker

She's an Ex. There's nothing to handle. Wish her well in her new relationship and then simply block her from your life. That means no phone calls, texts, emails. She has moved on and her confusion doesn't have to have any bearing on your life. You are the "Just in Case" guy or a secondary source of attention for a needy person. Whatever the case, it's not for you to figure out or handle. That is her drama. It's over, let it be over.

"I love you more than I ever loved anyone, but I cant be with you"

I heard that one what I was in my mid 20's... Talk about confused....

I would not wait for her and move on ASAP. It really sounds like the typical fickle woman that wants it all and yet doesn't know what it is that she wants. There is no reason for you to be "standing by" to get your feelings squashed again when the new relationship crumbles, for whatever reason, and she comes running back to you crying about it saying how she should have never left you and how sorry...BLAHBLAHBLAH... .

Hurt me once, shame on you.
Hurt me twice, shame on me.

Handle her as you would a lion in a petting zoo..... don't get too close.

She's your ex, and therefore should hold no serious portion of your thoughts any longer. Let her go about her bipolar ass way.... because she is being disrespectful to her boyfriend by telling you this trash. My ex does the same thing, trying to strike chords of harmony with me. But I constantly remind her that my heart ain't her piano to play on anymore......

- Response by king313, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Civil Service

Sometimes girls give test to see how much you will fight for her. Every girl wants to know that her man will go through anything to be with her. Are you sure this isn't one of those situations?

- Response by 7zebras, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, New York, Financial / Banking

I think she is telling you she would still like to get it on with you periodically whilst pursuing her new relationship. You should use her as a source of casual sex whenever you get the chance but otherwise get on with your life

- Response by steveib15, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Birmingham, Executive

Straight up, your are her security blanket. She is a tester. She knows that is she gives it up you will fall right back in love with her again, so it gives her room to PLAY so to speak. I went through the same thing. My ex told me she loved me while she was dating some mexican guy. I told her she made her choice to leave me and not to call anymore. She tried so many new tactics til finally one day she called me crying and i asked her what was wrong and i listened. After she said what she said , she ended it with I love you. Right then I knew it was trick. I told her not to say I love you to me ever again. I told her that, that never existed between us. It was only words. I know it crushed her, but I was able to move on because i got closure and finally realized, it was not me that messed up. It was her. She did not know what she wanted. All she knew was that I was the only guy that treated her like a "women" not a piece of ass, and that is why i was her security blanket. Make more sense now?

- Response by hendest28, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Denver