Can an illegal alien mother of two US citizen children still be deported?
Race, Religion & Politics / 4:19 AM - Tuesday February 09, 2010

Question to those who know about immigration law more than me :)
An illegal alien hispanic mother, facing deportation court soon, has two US citizen children (4 and 8 years old) from two different fathers, the children currently live with her. One of the children's father is still in the picture and providing child support while the other is in jail. Would immigration officials/judges (whatever) still deport her? What happens to the children in this case?

Update: February 10, 2010.
thanks to all who responded, I understand some of the respondents wanted to vent out their frustration/anger with illegal immigrants, but all what I was hoping to know was what the current US immigration law would say about such an issue (not people's opinion). And no, there's nothing in it for me, I heard of this story from a friend and wanted to learn more about current immigration laws with illegal aliens, that's all!

- Asked by A Career Man, Male, 29-35

yes she can be deportted . it happens a lot one case got a lot of media attention 2 or 3 yrs ago where the illegal alien mo and son born in u s took up refuge ina catholic church for a yr or so. she was deported and child had to stay in us as he is a citizen and relatived, i believe has him.

U s is the only country where the baby becomes a u s citizen by birth. this doesnt apply if here legally on visa to work as an example. commonly called anchor babies.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?, Chicago

And where do you fit into this equation? What's in it for you?

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

She can be deported, and the father of the one child would be considered as a parent for that child, while the other would be put into foster care.

Illegal immigrants get what they deserve (though not often enough).

- Response by anothergentleman, A Father Figure, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Technical

if she cant she should be