Whats the big deal with valentines day?
Dating / 11:32 PM - Monday February 08, 2010

whats the big deal with valentines day?

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and I show my love everyday. Why does it seem like people only want to be creative 1 day out of the year? I've never been big on this holiday even when I was single it never bothered me. Why does everyone care so much? Really its just another day for Hallmark and Godiva to make a bonus

- Asked by laydeesam, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I agree with you, but just like birthdays, and other holidays it's a day to shower someone with love. It means something different to everyone. People choose to celebrate holidays and birthdays different as well. There is not right or wrong, it is all in what people like or want to do.

- Response by lk2mvit, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

It's a day when you can show your s/o they are special.I like it.

I don't think people are necessarily "creative" on Valentine's Day. Granted, some do try, but I would rather give creative surprises at any time during the year... thus, they are surprises. Yet, the traditional flowers, candy, card and maybe gift are something I look forward to on Valentine's. Now, Sweetest Day... that is a Hallmark holiday. Valentine's Day at least has history to it.

- Response by undecidedfuture1, A Creative, Female, 36-45

Many females don't see it that way......or them....it becomes day of special mourning for the "PERFECT" love that is absent in their lives....

And...you are right...the the chocolatiers, the teddybear makers, the jewelers, the florists and the greeting card industry plays on the emotions of women to make them feel that without this stuff on this day especially....they are not as special as they really are.....so the women then pressure men into BUYING them a 'token' of 'love' (KA - Ching!!! goes the cash register)......and broken heart and more miserable and dissatisfied are the women who don't get the PERFECT Valentines day gift(S).....

Why ......ge wiz....I'm not against the gift giving to express love.....but I wish that people would focus more of the less tangible expressions of love.....selflessness.. .patience....tolerance. ....understanding....co mpassion....forgiveness

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Who said we make a big deal on Valentine's day?, it's just another day we labeled it to make life more interesting, it would be doom if everyday the same.

Of course everyday is a loving day when you are with the right person. Enjoy it!

Peace~~

- Response by azianchemistry, A Player, Female, 46-55, San Francisco, Who Cares?

blame it on our anscestors

- Response by jasonplantation66, A Creative, Male, 29-35, Portland

No big deal really. People are supposed to express their love for each other daily. Everyday is a valentines day in my opinion. I guess it is one that most couple don't fight over sex.

- Response by int24h, A Career Man, Male, 36-45, Alternative Medicine

well I actually have to agree with you on this one :)

- Response by psfrannie, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental