How would you describe an orgasm?
Sex & Intimacy / 6:28 PM - Sunday January 31, 2010

How would you describe an orgasm?

A friend of mine has never had an orgasm and asked me what it felt like. I didn't really know what to say to her. How would you describe your orgasms?

- Asked by justwondering9, A Thinker, Female, 22-25

If you wait just a minute, I'll let you know...!

I think one of the things which makes an orgasm difficult to describe (at least for women) is the fact that they can vary widely in intensity -- all orgasms are not created equal! I often experience the buildup to orgasm as a sensation of heat and/or tension centered in my lower abdomen -- tension usually heralds a stronger orgasm -- which increases in intensity until it pops or explodes in a burst of pleasure (sometimes reaching through my whole body and sometimes not) leaving a number of extremely enjoyable ripples or aftershocks in its wake along with a happy feeling of satisfaction and relaxation.

Was that good enough?

- Response by giginyc, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Tell her to watch the restaurant scene in When Harry met Sally.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Who Cares?

You haven't had one either have you? There's no shame in that; it's different for every woman and every orgasm. If it's good it's literally like exploding in pleasure, but in a good way. If it's just okay, then it can range from a long sigh to a bare blip of feeling.

I actually sat here for a while thinking to myself how on earth can I describe this? Orgasms do leave me at a loss for words so maybe that's why lol. It's an amazing feeling it really is, especially if all you're concentrating on is that orgasm, and if you're building it up, it's incredible. I think the way it feels is different for everyone, I mean I think they have their own way of describing it. So you should tell your friend to explore her own body, and let her have her own orgasm. So she can know how it feels. Because it really is hard to explain.

- Response by mel01234, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Toronto, Medical / Dental

the most awsome feelin you can have alone or with another,like a new life comin back,like a feelin of bein a cloud walker,

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Managerial

This could be fun. You go first.

- Response by tfsustfu, A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28

It's quite obvious.....isn't it....

- Response by richard77, A Jock, Male, Who Cares?, Self-Employed