Is a 544 credit score a big fat joke?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 1:42 PM - Friday January 29, 2010

Is a 544 credit score a big fat joke?

I know its not the worst of the worst but is it that bad?

- Asked by bts4life20, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

Yeah, that's mighty low. Good luck if you need a loan, you're going to need it.

- Response by grinandbareit, An Engaged Guy, Male, 46-55, Other Profession

I dont think its bad. I dont know mine. I saw a funny comic... Ziggy was watching a tv program.. Probably to get a car. It said bad credit good credit, ok credit, no credit and finally the place said we just dont care anymore....

Credit scores range from 400 to 800, I think. Over 700 is "very good". Below 600 is "very poor". So sadly, yes, you have a pretty lousy credit score.

- Response by lawyerdude, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Lawyer

Dont feel bad... I feel that loans are tough. Credit aint what it use to be. Somebody could have 700 credit score and still be turned down. Just keep trying to pay your bills and credit cards if you have on time and wiat two or 3 years of being perfect and you probably will be at 650... There no magic to this and 6 years after that if your still perfect you might be at 720 when your 30....

yes its bad.

- Response by j3s5e, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

it's low but it's easy to fix. if you want suggestions i can help you.

Well when I bought my car mine was 640 and the salesman was telling me that was bad!!! Coming from probably a score of 100 I improved my score in a year by just paying on time and cleaning up all back bills.

Credit score --> SUCKER rating.

If you are a big SUCKER and pay a large percent of your income to credit companies every month, you get a HIGH SUCKER RATING.

If you save your money, pay cash, and get rich, you get a LOW sucker rating.