I get very red and blotchy on my chest and face during sex or making out
Sex & Intimacy / 9:29 PM - Monday January 25, 2010

i get very red and blotchy on my chest and face during sex or making out

i get a really red rash on my chest and face, and my skin gets blotchy looking. while we are making out or having sex. how can i make this stop??

Umm.. This is sort of supposed to happen. Most women get it to various degrees. It even has a name - they call it a sex flush. It just seems that yours are more pronounced than other womens'. It certainly is nothing to worry about as long as it actually goes away afterwards. If not, see a doctor. It is caused by the increase in bloodflow to aroused areas - thus it means someone is doing something right. Don't worry about it and have fun!

- Response by boomslang, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Pretoria, Consulting

This means, that someone needs a shave.

You can't. It is a histiminergic reaction to being stimulated. If it any consolation, women who get this way usually have the best orgasms ever.
Just don't worry about it. The rash goes away quickly after sex

- Response by sexytony617, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Consulting

YA know - to a man that can indeed be very sexy.

- Response by lom2009, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55

You really can't. It is just how your body is and reacts to being stimulated like that.

Now, if your partner is a male and he has a days worth of facial hair, that could be causing it if he's rubbing you when kissing. Being clean shaven will prevent that. If that is not the case, the above still holds true.

1) tell him to shave before you two tear it up.

2) you could just be reacting to the heat your body is generating.. called heat rash... are you fair skinned?

3) your alergic to him... (my girl breaks out in hives frequently after sex)..

I know -- wierd... but we deal with it..

- Response by skycop, A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Consulting

Unless your guy is not clean shaven at the time, it's called an orgasm. Give that up and give up the cumming part. Your choice!

A lot of women go splotchy, blotchy, flush red when they orgasm.

- Response by sweetness04, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Artist / Musician / Writer

It's not uncommon for women (and men) to get a hives-like rash when they are aroused. If it worries you, ask your OB/Gyn.

- Response by buffalothighs88, A Hippie Chick, Female, 56-65, Other Profession

I got that way too, when my ex hubby wasn't freshly shaven. He was scratchy!

Second relationship...no problem. His beard is soft, even when its first growing out. :)

You can't. You're just excited and must be really into it. Same thing happens to me when it gets really intense. Breathe deeper if possible.... just how some people are built...

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

wear a tampon on your tummy.

- Response by photogirly1, A Thinker, Female, 18-21, Student