Does He Really Care About The Woman He Cheated On Me With?
Dating / 7:32 PM - Monday January 25, 2010

My boyfriend for a 1year and a half has cheated on me with his so called friend that he meet at the club one night.I found out because my phone was broken and i took his phone for the day and she texted his phone I pretended like I was him and texted her back she was saying that she missed him and couldnt wait to have sex with him again and though they had sex over 5times over the last 3mnths it felt like the first time I asked him about this and he admitted that she was the only one he has ever been with and that it did last for awhile my question is since he was cheating with her for that long is it possible that he has developed feelings for her and will he cheat with her again once the drama dies down?

- Asked by curious7963, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45

What's the point of continuing this relationship?

You are not married, and he cheated on you. He WILL do it again.

End it and find someone who will be loyal to you and show you respect. And don't believe him when he says she's the only one.

of course! the real question is are you willing and able to give him another chance?do you trust him?

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

cheating means something is wrong. will he cheat again? possibly! one time is a mistake, but he kept going back. That means he feels something for her. Take a good, long look at what he is doing to you. We teach people how to treat us.

- Response by cracko14, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Who Cares?

Once a cheat, always a cheat. Bad enough in the days before
HIV. It does not matter if he cares for her, he cares about
his own selfish desires first.

- Response by richard233, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55

What does it matter now? Who cares what he feels for this woman or any other he might have cheated on you with? The fact is, he cheated on you. Are you going to convince yourself to stay in this relationship by downplaying it, if it turns out that he doesn't have any real feelings, but used her for side sex? Really, that wouldn't even matter. He is a cheat, and the only way you found out is by looking at his phone and pretending to be him. Now, the real question is how do you feel about that? And, are you going to stay with him after this? I certainly hope not. I'm sorry, but I don't like to see people in relationships with cheats who have absolutely no conscience whatsoever about what they are doing.

I am sorry to say this but....Not only is it possible that he will cheat with her again, it is more than likely he will. I think that it really shouldn't matter if he cares about the woman he cheated on you with, the fact of the matter is HE CHEATED ON YOU!! If he were my boyfriend and I found out he cheated on me, I would be out of there! You should be out of there too!! You deserve someone that doesn't cheat! I wish you the best.

- Response by iamboo2, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Charlotte, Therapist

It's worse if he does not care about her than if he does, because there will always be good-looking women out there that he does not care about, and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior ... You cannot trust him. Time to move on.

- Response by unluckyloveatfirstsighter, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

You have answered your own question. 5 times in the last 3 months. No matter what a man says about a fling, more than once an attachment(feelings) becomes part of the game. If there was not, they would not go back again and again. They would hit and find another prey. It is part of the "players game". He has cheated, it felt good and he will do it again. No remorse for the actions. He never thought that he would do it and be able to get away with it. The game will continue if giving the chance. Think about you and what you want in life. This can not be a part of the future for you. New year, A new you. Go for it.

- Response by lowmy, A Career Man, Male, 46-55, Baltimore, Science / Engineering

Yes he will cheat again but next time he will be even more careful to ensure that you don't find out because if he did this with her over a period of 3 months, there is no telling if it really was only 3 months or longer...he got caught and told you what he thought you wanted to hear but probably learned that he needed to be more careful if he chooses to cheat again...and more likely, if they cheat once, they will cheat again but it will be harder to find out...:D

So did he at any point say if he was going to stop sleeping with her? It sounds like you're more concerned whether he had feelings for her than if he's going to continue cheating on you.

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?