I'm not attracted to women my own age
Dating / 7:08 PM - Saturday January 23, 2010

I'm not attracted to women my own age

Cant some people undersTand this? if you put a woman my age near me- guess what? no cHemical reation..

put a younger (yes and legal for those sNipers out there) woman next to me and viola!

Dating is going to have problems- no douBt about it..

so why do some people think the solUtion is to date someoNe my own age???

THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY- GET IT?

I love older men too =]

- Response by rosalynmarie, A Creative, Female, 22-25, Student

You do what you want to do, just ignore everyone else's advice. If you have chemistry with younger women and they are attracted to you, go for it. You're footloose and fancy free.

I can understand, because I'm only attracted to older men. If a woman gets offended, it's probably because she feels threatened by the younger women. They feel insecure that the men their age aren't interested in them. I can't necessarily blame them, but I can see where you're coming from.

- Response by sweetnsilly84, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Home Maker

Men are naturally attracted to younger women. Why? Because of the biological drive to reproduce. Younger women=healthier babies. It's as simple as that.

You call it "chemistry" well that's just about right.
All men are attracted to younger women. It's in our genes.

As for me? I'm attracted to older men. Go figure.

- Response by hannasu, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 26-28

Seriously?

You're not attracted to ANY women your own age?

I find that to be strange. But hey, we all like what we like.

That isn't "chemistry" that is cheap hormones...

And as an attractive and accomplished woman of your age, I am happy that you are willing to settle for the "hormone" thing as I have never read a post of yours that held the least bit of attraction to me or indicated that you have anything to offer a woman...

Stick to the girls and keep your hand on your wallet...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Yes. I get it.

I've always liked older men.

Now I just love my old man.

No one really needs to understand your chemical attraction or lack there of as long as you do. I personally like secure, mature and experienced men who know how to be a true partner in a real relationship with a Woman.

Have no fear, most women have no desire to be with a man that's still playing with little girls...we like our men all grown up.

- Response by destinyseeker, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Teaching

I'm the same way. I'm 55, going on 56, and women my age do nothing for me. They're all broken down wrecks and chubby grandmothers with short gray hair.
Where are the hot older ladies that are on the covers of yoga health magazines?

I'm with you, no way would I want to date a guy in our age bracket! I like them younger too. More fun.

Nothing wrong with not normally going for someone that is of the same or similar age as yours. Just have to remember chemistry can also be made up of things that don't always have to do with physical appearance. But at times things to do with a person's personality or common interests you share. So something to keep in mind when you are trying to date any body.

- Response by CursedRomantic, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Columbus, Student

I meant to say THEY have no earthly idea about my age.

- Response by abitspoiled, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

I know what you mean, I have friends who tell me that I should date older men or men my age because I'm 40 now but I can't help it when/if a younger guy(sometimes 5 years younger) asks me out on a date...there are just some people who tend to get along better with younger people and I think there should be nothing wrong with it as long as they are both consenting adults...:D

Younger women tend to be hotter. It's a fact of life.

- Response by adamh1279, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, New York, Teaching

I have a feeling that you are first flattered that a younger woman finds you attractive and that makes her more attractive to you. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to someone younger or older, but if you say you're just not attracted to women your own age in general --- there's something else going on than just chemistry or a lack of it. Sorry.

I think it is perfectly fine. The majority of women look for older men anyways, so it works out.

- Response by ashleycountry, Female, 22-25, Hospitality

Just ignore those crap sacks. I got not problems with older men dating younger women. It's like you said>>>chemistry.

- Response by TheSshhmoe, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

I agree with you as well. But unlike what Joybird said, it's NOT all about "pheremones" because when a man is attracted to a younger girl on TV, in a book, magazine or online that obviously has nothing to do with pheremones at all. It has to do with visual appearance and then personality.

For men, they often like younger girls for many reasons, sometimes it's teaching them things and younger girls are much more open to learn from an older man, sometimes it's their youthful looks and body, more fun loving personality or a combination of all of these factors and more.

There is also an energetic or chi quality there as well, since a man's Yang energy is well balanced by a younger womans abundant yin energy, this is well known to the Chinese.

A few years ago, I was asked out by a man in his twenties. That was VERY flattering BUT I am 'strangely' attracted to men in my age bracket, as long as they are young at heart.

- Response by 1pghpafemale, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Pittsburgh, Artist / Musician / Writer

The usually acceptable difference in our society half-your-age plus 7 (as long as no minors are involved).

I am afflicted with the same curios desire for women younger than me. But I attribute this to having someone that enjoys doing the things I enjoy. Women my age stay home and enjoy going out to dine or to watch a movie. Sedentary, I don't care how good your cooking is. Heck, I can cook!

I enjoy a workout at the gym about 5 evenings a week, followed by some laps in the pool and some relaxing time in the hot tub. Frankly, I NEVER see anyone my age after work. Last thing I want to do is to become sedentary! Younger women like adventurous activities! (Keyword there: activity) Me too!

But I will admit I do find younger women far less interested in me than I am in them. Curse you, Mother Nature!!

- Response by virtu1, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65

I have the same problem as the original poster. I'm 53 and have been single again a very long time. Women tell me I should get a woman my own age (funny how older women never want you to have a younger one LoL). Problem is, this is a sunny locale here and women 40+ often have very sun-wrinkled skin, many are heavy smokers, and then there's the problem with finding a lady in this age group whose bottom is not bigger than an aircraft carrier. This is complicated by the very small pool of available women here. I love nice female skin and small bottoms, call me old fashioned or perhaps shallow. People will tell you physical attraction is not important - but that is idealistic nonsense. The older a man gets the more stimulation he seems to need for performance, including visual and tactile stimulation. On average, women under 35 win hands down when it comes to attractiveness. I know a very young woman who is way more hot than I could normally ever hook up with, and it is possible she is into me. Part of me holds back because of the age gap and consequent stigma. I also wonder if I have just been finding reasons to avoid women.

- Response by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Athens

We all have various and different likes and dislikes, you just like younger women. Did you mean teenagers.. how much younger?

When I was younger, I liked older. Now that I'm older, I like looking at the young honeys but I'm not really attracted to them to the extent I want to date them.

I understand. But some of us could totally fool you. I work for a singles group and I'm always laughing inside when the men in my age group are hitting on me all the while saying they like younger women and could never ever be attracted to women in their late 40's or early 50's because they aren't nearly as attractive as I am. Especially since I am often older than they are, and I have no earthly idea! I wish I had a dollar for every time that has happened! I would be laughing all the way to the bank.

Because 20-somethings aren't going to want you for the long run, grandpa.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dusseldorf, Other Profession

GROW UP ASSHOLE!!!!!!

- Response by baseball751, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65

I understand, but it depends on how young and age difference otherwise legal or not you are a closet PEDOHPILIAN!!!
But yeah I understand. Hope you feel better pops!

I don't understand how you can say that you are not attracted to any woman in your age, at all, period. You sound like one of my friends who insists there are NO MEN in the united states of america for her and that she will ONLY find a man who is from another country. Doesn't that sound bizarre?

Why don't you just get out there and date and not worry about how old she is? if you like her, who cares how old she is? she might be your age or she might not be, but stop focusing so much on a woman's age.

- Response by ebm3, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45, Self-Employed

When you find chemistry, it will transcend age. It may even be someone older than you! Imagine that! Keep you heart and mind open, and be true to yourself.

- Response by lovesblind, A Creative, Female, 36-45, New York, Managerial