Should I stay with him?
Dating / 10:26 AM - Tuesday January 19, 2010

Should I stay with him?

Whenever Im with my boyfriend things are great. We get along and have fun together. The thing is that we live about an hour apart and Im in college so we don't get to see each other that much. Im getting a little annnoyed that now when ever I ask him when I can come visit he always says he dosn't know. Then he won't talk to me unless I call or text him first. If Im not the first to make contact we won't talk for days until I finally call him and he just says that hes busy. I also know that he goes out wih his friends a lot, but when I go out he gets mad at me and accuses me of cheating. Its like we are in love when we are together but when we are appart there is nothing between us. Should I try and make this work or try and ind some one at my college to date.

- Asked by A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Artist / Musician / Writer

If he was interested in this relationship than he would make the effort. He would see you,talk to you and make sure you feel comfortable in this relationship you have together. This relationship would work because it's not like your in different states so he can't take out the red card of long dictance one hour is not far. The deal is that he's not making the effort and he just wants you to be there without making any protest to it. Some people just like to have a boyfriend or girlfriend because they feel wanted. It may just be that he's not interested in you but just wants you as a spare to make himself feel good. He's absolutely not treating you right and shouldn't accuse you when you go out with your friends. The reason why he does accuses you is because he doesn't want his girlfriend on the side to realize she deserves better. I'm 100 percent sure if you were to find another guy and he was one hour away same distance from your boyfriend and made the effort to see you and at least talk on the phone every other day until you get to see eachother it would work. Bottom line distance is not the problem (if it were another state I'd understand) your boyfriend is. If you have to ask this question so we can reassure you that he's the problem than be it. You deserve to be treated like a queen and no distance should stop your prince charming. Good Luck.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28

Dump his ass..don't get yourself more involved with a man like this. So what if your an hour apart? That does not give him the right to shut you out of his life. Talk to him and ask him straight out if he wants to continue(no by phone)...and please don't have sex with him no more. That might be one of the reasons he what you wrapped around his finger. What an ass? You will move on don't worry about it!!!

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

College changes things when one person seeks higher education and the other isn't. If he isn't making contact it sounds like he is letting the relationship go slowly. Someone that accuses someone of cheating is usually cheating themselves..I would ask him if he wants to continue the relationship or end it before you step out. It sounds like communication is needed. Rosey

Dump him! He is like a cat, affection on his own terms. lol I'm guessing he's seeing someone else, but wants to hang on to you, too. The one who accuses of cheating, is usually the cheater. Find someone new and interesting at college.

- Response by jazzyjane, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Financial / Banking

You aren't actually staying with him now. You are an hour apart. You have left and gone away to college.

A woman who wants a good man normally goes with him.

You should study hard, get good grades, and graduate. WHEN and IF you meet someone you have things in common with, and you become friends, THEN you should date him.

At your time of life, a guy an hour away is no longer someone you have anything in common with. And, he's jealous and accusatory, to boot.

Im sorry to say this but he has lose interest or he wants you to do all the work.

If you have to call or text first to even speak to him.... that speaks volumes

- Response by thicallover, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, New York, Administrative

He's not into you. Sorry.

I'm sorry to tell you, but you probably know this deep inside, he's just not that into you. It will be best to date a guy that wants to be with you and appreciate you.

- Response by guitarplayer2010, A Creative, Male, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

Whenever any of my friends relationships have become 'long distance' the relationship has only ever survived if the girl makes a lot (all) the effort, or unless it is right at the start of the relationship. It's basically up to you. If you really like him you can stay with him but you'll have to be the one making sure that you two see each other. If you don't think it's worth the effort then move on.

- Response by tasha405, A Creative, Female, 26-28, London, Science / Engineering