To paraphrase W.C. Fields, "I don't drink water, because fish screw in it."
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 10:10 AM - Monday January 11, 2010

To my
friends who enjoy a glass of wine...
and those who don't..

As Ben Franklin said:
In wine there is wisdom,
in beer there is freedom,
in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop..

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember:
Water = Poop
Wine = Health
Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk
stupid, than to drink water and be full of
shit..

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service!

- Asked by scottie, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 66 or older, Science / Engineering

You, sir, are wise, witty, & quite handsome. (In conclusion, your wife is lucky.) This is one of the very best posts I've seen in this forum!

I'll add a bit of trivia to your fine assessment: Liquor helps keep blood thin enough to course through our veins instead of coagulating into nasty little clogs, etc., which is definitely a desired attribute. And it's no wonder the French have little heart disease & cholesterol trouble, due to their daily consumption of wine. Further more, the Old Testament says, "Take a little wine for thy stomach's sake." How can one argue with an order from the Divine? :)

- Response by cressida1, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Consulting

....'function'......"fi sh 'function' in it" is what Fields said

- Response by nameacarl, A Guy Critical, Male, Who Cares?, Oostende, Self-Employed

Well we agree on something. A glass or two of red wine every day extends an average person's life by about 25%. My water is from a deep well and well filtered though. I has no E-coli.

Even city water today is a lot more safe than it was when Ben and George drank so much beer.

very true, that is why in "the old days" all people drank was beer or wine, for that very specific purpose

- Response by monique1515, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Denver, Student

"Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise" (Proverbs 20:1).

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?