How do I make my boyfriend more romantic and seem more thoughtful?
Dating / 9:03 AM - Saturday January 09, 2010

I know my boyfriend loves me and that he does really care about me, he just has a hard time showing it. He doesn't put any thought into gifts or anniversaries. On our 2year anniversary I thought he would have planned something special because he was gone for our 1year anniversary (due to work) but he didn't. He talked about planning something fun like going to the spa and than we ended up spending time with his friends ALL DAY and he wonders why I was pissed off. What can I do to change this? Or any ideas on why he acts like this or is it a normal for guys?

Update: January 09, 2010.
I find it somewhat interesting that all the women who responded to this told me to find someone else and all the men told me to talk to him and work on things. Just because a man isn't romantic is a little thing and all I wanted to know was what to say to him. I don't think that a girl should leave their man over something like this, and I have no intentions to. He does try.

Brainwashing might be worth a shot.

- Response by thundermist04167, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

he must be your age I found out that older men are way better at the romantic stuff

I guess the place to start is talk. Tell him how you feel when these aniversaries slip by unacknowledged by him. What did you do for him to celebrate these times? If you did anything, and had nothing planned, at the very minimum he should appologize for missing it, and hopefully take steps to not let it happen again.

- Response by camperx, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 56-65, Regina, Technical

explain to him how you feel

he sounds like an asshole. NO normal guy is THAT insensitive, only the jerks are. either a guy cares or he doesn't ... and its clear this ass doesn't. all he cares about is doing the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM it takes to keep you off his ass. time to think about a new BF.

I agree that you need to tell him what you want. Also, relationships are a two-way street. If you want to do something nice, why don't YOU plan it? Then if he enjoys what you plan maybe he will step up to make plans in the future.

- Response by mandaluv, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

He is the wrong boyfriend. He will not change, if he is not romantic and thoughtful now, he will be even less if you ever marry. Are you willing to change your personality? Don,t expect him to change his. If you want thoughtful and romantic, get a new boyfriend, or live without those things you crave. Then it will turn to resentfulness and anger and screeming...etc

- Response by ymcapearl, Female, 56-65, Sydney