If a woman gets a full hysterectomy, what does sex feel like (for the guy and the woman)?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:24 PM - Friday January 08, 2010

I've always been really curious about this. Theres no vagina, so is it just a hollow hole?

*I know the wording could be better buuuttt seriously!

Update: January 08, 2010.
I am talking about the women who have had the actual vagina (meaning the actual inner vagina lining) removed due to cancerous reasons). I am sorry if the wording didn't convey what I was actually asking.

- Asked by sunkissedwhit1987, A Trendsetter, Female, 26-28, Celebrity

there is a vagina they just remove your ovaries and that. Sometimes it a little more tricky for sex. See when you have all though parts when you become aroused you become wet when you get a hysterectomy it throws your hormones outta wack to sometimes its harder for you to develope that wetness. Also ever notice when you have your period your more horny, well in some woman and depending on whether or not your ovaries have been taken out (because you can have a hysterectomy where they just remove your uterus) will affect your hormone levels created the lesser feel of a sex dive. most ppl say thier sex life isnt as good.

- Response by melissabubble14, A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Edmonton, Medical / Dental

What???? The VAGINA is not removed!!!!!! Good LORD woman!!!!

The UTERUS is removed, not the VAGINA!!!! Uterus, ovaries and tubes. NOBODY has EVER had their vagina removed. The uterus is at the TIPPY TIPPY TOP if the Vaginal opening. It is NOT the vagina!

Unless, of course, you have a SEX CHANGE operation.

HOLEY MOLEY GIRL!!!!!

they still got the hole and thats all most guys are interested in anyways

I had an emergency hysterectomy 11 years ago, and the sex is better now, and I get much wetter than when I was in my 20's and 30's. I don't think that's normal for everyone, but that's been my experience. So I have no complaints!

- Response by abitspoiled, A Thinker, Female, 56-65, Who Cares?

Hysterectomy: when a woman loses her organ...but not her chimes.

- Response by drumboi2, A Guy Critical, Male, 56-65, Retired

Trust me I am no expert, but when my mom went through it, they just took out the reproductive organs. Most of the structure is still left...

Ouch that sounds painful.

- Response by mantis, A Creative, Male, 18-21

jerking off?

- Response by sosensitive, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

LMAO!!!! There's still a vagina, just some parts are missing inside.. I've had a hysterectomy and it's only enhanced our sex lives because there's no more pain. It doesn't feel any different and he could never tell a difference. The parts missing are way up where the penis can't reach anyway, I don't care how long the guy is there's no reaching that area, lol...

- Response by sweetnovember, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Executive

i was once with a woman who had a hysterectomy. it felt just fine to me and she seemed to enjoy it very much.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

LOL
I still have a vagina, just not the organ it was attached to. Everything feels the same.

- Response by purrzn, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Haha, it's not like a tree that has been hallowed out, up-rooted and left for dead... it's like all the organs necessary to reproduce are taken out, but as far as the sex aspect of it... it would all feel the same down there for the man.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Financial / Banking

This question surprises me ... coming from you anyway.
In a hystie you don't loose the vagina. Just all the inside stuff.. Uterus, overies and I think that's about all, but no vagina loss.

- Response by poolfish2, A Career Man, Male, 66 or older, Who Cares?

I've never asked anyone about specifics on that... but a co worker of mine says she has no cervix at all... it was ALL removed b/c of cancer (and the way I understood is that they removed every last thing they could possibly remove down there due to the cancer spreading so rapidly). She is very "loose", I guess you could say, so I don't think she has ANY problems in the sexual dept. at all, lol.

My wife had a Hysterectomy when she was 27 she is 48 now still good. I told the Dr to take out the baby bed, but leave the playpen

- Response by jameskiss69, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

"knock on wood!"

It's awesome-- no condoms necessary!

I had a partial hysterectomy and may have to get a full one in a couple of months but there is no difference that I found with the partial, I still have the same 'senses' and feelings and stuff and it's still possible to orgasm...they only take out the ovaries, tubes and uterus so its not like they are taking out the entire vagina...when it comes to cancer, there is still sensation and still the ability to orgasm but it depends on the woman and how 'sensitive' she is down there...:D

Okay ladies & women. I had a hysterectomy a year ago. And let me tell you, it has been the best thing that has happened to me. Do not get confused, a hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus, some women have also their ovaries removed. A woman with a hysterectomy just need more arousal & lubricant for your vagina. I am more horny now than ever, I have multiple orgasm, even though I don't have the muscles of the uterus, I can still contract my vagina and sex is super pleasurable. Some women say that sex is different, but in my case it is much better. This is the most happiest I have ever been. Sex after hysterectomy is great. I just get the once in a while hot flashes, but that makes me want to have sex, and it is such a turn on for a man. I had wondered the same questions before I had the hysterectomy, but my aunt had one done and she told me, "This is the time when you really have to enjoy the sex and not worry about anything else, take advantage of that moment, go for it". I have asked the man if he feels something different down there when he is inside , but he says no, there is no difference. So I will enjoy it while I can, ha! Now I cant speak for the women that has had one with the ovaries removed, that might be a different story. Maybe someone who have had both of them removed, has a different story than mine.

- Response by redsonya, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

No kiddin right. Lmfao. That was the dumbest question ive ever heard. I dont wanna sound mean about it but come on, how can u be a girl an not kno those things when most men do lol. You are an amazingly beautiful girl. But read or book. Or hell watch some tv, something besides soaps an daytime tv. Half the stuff ive learned in the past few years was from watchin diff shows on history an discovery channel an A&E an recently the science channel. Where u actually learn something if ur payin attention. But my sister had a hystarectemy about 2 yrs ago now an the last thing i wanted to kno was how the sex was lol. But i do have sympathy for all you lovely ladies who had to go through that earlier in their life than they had to rather than just hittin menapause an then having those symptoms. An none of u should feel like any less of a woman. I recently had a friend who went through it too an ill say to you what i told her. Your still the same sweet, caring, an beautiful woman that uve always been. Live life everyday to the fullest an just do it, dont have any regrets. Cause its horrible to live wonderin what might have been if u woulda just done it or went for it. Goodluck to all an stay strong an NEVER GIVE UP no matter how bad it gets or if it looks like theres no hope. Cause you never kno what tomorrow will bring and it will get better, i promise.

- Response by Female, 22-25

- Response by Female, 22-25

- Response by Female, 22-25

WTF???????? "No vagina..." "...a hollow hole" ??? Do you know what a hysterectomy is? It's the surgical removal of the female's INTERNAL reproductive organs - they take out the uterus and sometimes the ovaries as well.

I had a hysterectomy about 17 years ago and I DEFINITELY had a vagina the last time I checked - which was fairly recently, btw.

WOW!!! Pretty amazing you asked a question and had not a FUCKING CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU WERE ASKING!!!!!!

I know you have already been told and clearly understand that you lose your uterus and stuff NOT your FUCKING VAGINA!!!!

Damn Girl, next time you want to ask a serious question......Google that shit first...lol

- Response by handsomedetroitguy, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Political / Government