If you miss someone so much that your heart aches
Dating / 9:12 PM - Sunday January 03, 2010

do you think they can feel it where ever they are. What if they don't feel the same way? :(

No...usually they are doing jellos shots off someones elses abs.....

Well...if they don't feel the same way ...it is time to moooooooooooooooove on.... and stop the pity train...

- Response by lady4u, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Cincinnati, Who Cares?

only your soulmate is that in tune with your heart.....

I think they do. There are times I am thinking of someone so hard, missing them, waiting for the day when I can hear their voice again and I just close my eyes and think and concentrate on that person. Usually the next day, I will get a phone call saying he was thinking of me so he called to say hello.
I don't know what to tell you if they don't feel the same way. Just don't give up, eventually they will get your vibe.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

Being as how I failed Mindreading 101 three times now, I have to go with being practical... Unless you call them up and they can hear your voice, probably not. And if "they" don't feel the same way, it is less likely that they would catch it. rek

Ummmm then it Sucks......

But you know, things happen the way they are gonna, whether we like it or not.... Gotta go with it....

Don't be sad....

- Response by nicolegillenwater, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

well sometimes they don't feel the same way and the healthiest thing to do is to get busy with your own life and move forward. In time, it will pass :) If they do feel the same way, you'll know that in time as well :)

- Response by psfrannie, A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Los Angeles, Medical / Dental

I believe that 100%. I am going through it right now. My bf just deployed again, he left today. We are both a mess. It hurts so much to be away from him.

- Response by cfaubion, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

i agree with the soulmate answer.i believe in a spiritual emotional connection.

- Response by unbreakablesilence, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I'd like to think so as I know what you mean.
I'm so sorry. :-( <Hug from Colorado>

- Response by timeforanoverhaul, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Managerial

yes, actually I felt that way the first time we sent our kids to month-long sleep away camp. Seriously, I hurt I missed them so much.....and they probably never thought of me once.

Also, when they got older we sent them to Israel for a month. I missed them and worried but they had great times and we want them to see the world.

- Response by scooper, A Sportif, Female, 46-55, Dallas, Who Cares?

Nope.....they absolutely don't feel a thing

- Response by Vickey69, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Then your in trouble & you have invested your feelings way to soon.

- Response by mrsmm, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Actually I do miss my ex and he does too. If they truly love you, they know it no matter where they are.

- Response by debski, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Detroit, Science / Engineering

depends upon how long you know them as you would know if they feel the same about you, but if its a split from a relationship only one gets hurt the most... sad way of life... you need to explain a little more for people to give feedback and opinion

- Response by ricardojazz, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

No. Because, if that was the case, we'd be together, right? If they don't feel the same way, I'd move on. What good is it, if just because you want it badly, you keep these feelings, when they are not reciprocated? All you're doing is wasting time, and keeping yourself from healing and being able to experience love that would be reciprocated with the man that won't leave you missing them while your heart ached.

With all due respect -- as pleasant as it might be to imagine such a thing -- I have to say that I think that's nothing more than romantic twaddle. Mind you, I consider myself to be an incurable romantic at heart -- my typical persona as disabused and hard-boiled broad is mostly protective coloration intended to conceal my somewhat shopworn and altogether too soft heart -- but nevertheless, I do think that romance has an unfortunate tendency to make people delude themselves and believe things which aren't true or aren't even very realistic. If I may be so bold, the notion that your partner's heart aches when yours does suggests that you and your partner are not only *capable* of somehow merging into one being when you become a couple -- but that it's only natural and should be expected, when nothing could be further from the truth. Granted, the notion that two people who decide to be in a relationship with each other will want and feel the same things as if by magic...but this is an *illusion*, not reality, and assumptions or expectations such as these actually have far more to do with desire for control over one's partner for the sake of ego gratification than they do with genuine concern for the partner's feelings. Two people do not (and should not) lose their individuality when they're in a relationship. Your partner is entitled to his feelings even if they aren't the same as your own or aren't what you want them to be -- and even if you did have the right to decide what he should feel, you still wouldn't necessarily have the power to stop him. If your partner doesn't miss you as much as you miss him when he's away from you, well...as much as I hate to say it, such is life.

- Response by giginyc, An Alternative Girl, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?