My girlfriend seems distant. What do i do?
Dating / 11:35 PM - Tuesday December 22, 2009

I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now. She has 3 kids one of whom is a teen currently in trouble with the law. She is eight years older than me and is currently going through a divorce. In the beginning things were great she was very open about her feelings and pretty much chased after me. Sex is great and we seem to have a lot in common. She recently had surgery and asked if i could help her out after with her kids and stuff around the house which i did without a second thought. since shes been feeling better she has seemed distant. i questioned her about this. I asked her if she still loved me and if she wanted me to be in her life. She told me she loved me but she was just really stressed out. She said that since i had been around so much that she didn't feel the need to have to entertain me every second. She also said her parents had been nagging her to finalize her divorce. And her son is in trouble with the law right now. she has also had trouble with finances since being out of work. she seemed sincere when she said she wanted me in her life. I hate to keep questioning her love but i can't help but get the feeling like she just doesn't care if I'm in her life or not . Is she just so stressed she has no time for me or should i get ready for the worst

Its your way out bro... run, chicks with kids are nuts and she will get nuttier

- Response by A Rebel, Male, 36-45

her life is far more complicated than yours. the best advice i could give you would be to let her settle her divorce and financial issues as well as take care of her troubled teenaged son, and then maybe the two of you could work on a relationship. in the mean time you should continue to date other women.

- Response by darchie, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Chicago

let's put it this way...you are lucky she even lets you in the house! When I am stressed, I don't even speak to anyone, let alone have them around me. What you need to do is take some time for yourself and let her chill out for a bit. Things will get back to normal. Kids make moms CRAZY!

- Response by thekissbandit, A Thinker, Female, 29-35

you should also distance yourself and GUARD YOUR HEART~!!! she does have alot of things going on. let her chase you for a while. start going back to how it was with out her. not saying just dump her, but put space between you and her volentarily. then, if the worst happens, you won't feel so bad. and about the finances, be hesitant to lend any support. this will show if there is a rebound, you know it wont just be for money. i know it sounds like a shitty thing to do, but nothing is worse than a heart ache with money involved!!
best of luck!!

- Response by ken299, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Who Cares?

Ok, who wrote this question for you? Because there's no way that you could have written everything contained in this post and then really asked "why is she distant?"

Go back and reread this. And if you still wonder, well, there's no help for you.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland