WTF? Why does he act so differently around his friends?
Dating / 11:10 PM - Monday December 21, 2009

I'm starting to get really frustrated with my boyfriend because he is a completely different person when he is around his friends. I KNOW guys are different with they're friends but it's like he doesn't give a shit about me. Its so aggravating.

well you know his priorities . people wont change over night or for any one but them self.
i treat people the way i want to be treated . with that in mind maybe he wants to be treated that way by you.
but in reality you have to be you and you should know you deserve some one that is just as proud as you and wants to have your company just as much as you do theirs. i would say date him but keep your options open for a real man to treat you the way you should be in front of god and every one

- Response by superbussell, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Detroit, Artist / Musician / Writer

Darling, the simple truth is your with a boy not a man and he does not understand the importants of setting you and your relationship above his friends!

- Response by noncontrolling44, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Technical

Some guys act differently towards you when they are around their friends BUT...I truly believe that is a sign of immaturity.

I've had boyfriends like that. They barely recognized that I was in the room and they carried on about other girls and dating and w/e. I've also had boyfriends who included me in conversations with their friends and even when I wasn't part of the conversation (i.e. when they're talking about the latest video game that I have no clue about) they held my hand or had their arm around me...to include me even if I wasn't involved.

Talk to your guy and let him know it bothers you. If he's not willing to be more considerate, find someone more mature (and age has nothing to do with maturity).

- Response by bermudababy, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Student

I've had more than one ex say that about me, and this is something a lot of women say in general. The only thing that changes is his surroundings, he's still the same guy.
When a guy hangs around his friends, he has no fear of being judged. He has no fear that one of the guys might get upset at him because he said the wrong thing or implied the wrong thing or called a hot woman hot. He has no reason to act civilized or professional, he can just be himself.
When a man is around a women it's a little different. He has to watch what he says and does so she doesn't get upset. When a man is at work he has to be professional and asserive or else his co-workers will think he's a slacker. HE never changes who he is, he just adjusts to his surroundings and acts as expected.
Look at it from this perspective; Do you act the same way at church and at the nightclub? At your friend's house and at your grandparent's house? Do you wear the same things? Use the same language? Drink the same drinks????

- Response by workplay, A Career Man, Male, 29-35, Military

Goto this website Its really good for stuff like this haha.
I think Boys have to keep up their rep. if you know what I mean around their friends - so even thought he acts differently around his friends it doesnt necessarily mean that he doesnt like you as much or anything =]

- Response by christinacream24, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 22-25, New South Wales