Good first date ideas in the winter?
Dating / 6:38 PM - Saturday December 19, 2009

Good first date ideas in the winter?

Now that it's something like 12ºF where I live, and I'm recently starting dating again, I need some good first date ideas. I hate the idea of movies as a first date because it's the uncomfortable sitting in the darkness with someone you don't know yet and you can't get to know each other (at least not mentally), and dinner is the reverse... you might have something to talk about but what if you don't? So what are some fun, inexpensive first date ideas for the winter, where you can create a shared experience and converse?

- Asked by alwayzaskin, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Self-Employed

Meet at a bookstore for coffee. If you have a bookstore that has a little local character (i.e., not a chain like Barnes and Noble) so much the better, but even B&N is okay. Have your coffee and browse around the shelves talking about what you've read and what you plan to get to soon, or whether the book is as good as the movie, or what your 5th grade teacher made you read, or whatever.....

- Response by bugdoc, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Medical / Dental

Bowling... Bowling will teach you a lot about someone and is a hell of a lot of fun without costing too much too! And I hate to bowl, so to endorse this as a first date is funny...

- Response by siouxzen, A Career Woman, Female, Who Cares?, Guadalajara, Self-Employed

Skiing, sledding, snowman making, hot chocolate, starbucks, winter concert, depending on where you live, a winter walk, going to an art gallery, seeing a play, ICE SKATING :D

- Response by tamingeternity2, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25

Bowling is always something, it's not too steep pricewise...
You can have a few beers a snack and there's a game to play
and you can bring others along for the comfort zone element.

Quote from Plato: "You can learnn more about a person in an hour of play, than a year of conversation."

A girl from Denver asked us this, and I sent her to the Denver Airport. First, though, she needed to do an online search for "Denver Airport Conspiracy".
She wrote back to us, in a very agigated state.

Something more casual like going shopping where you can talk and explore each others tastes in clothes and music.

- Response by 3wiltedroses, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Self-Employed

WOW... I kinda knew Siouxzen didn't really like bowling either, but, that she could see that useful side of it, in our society.

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE! There's your proof! Kudos to Siouxzen!