The belt on my vacuum broke and I now have a rubber burn on my light tan carpet. Can I get it out?
House & Home / 4:30 PM - Friday December 18, 2009

- Asked by mlmbuzz, Female, 29-35

Have any spare carpet? If so cut out the burn and replace it with the spare stuff. The burn will not come out

Oh i get stains and such all of the time on my so I have used all different methods. If you carpet is a thick pile, and the burn does not go down to the base of the carpet, you could try one of two things, shaving (yes, with a razor) or cutting the pile a tiny bit at a time, until you cannot see the burn. It does take abit of work, but can be done.

Last resort, cut it out and put a new piece in.

- Response by sparkle126, A Career Woman, Female, 46-55, St John's, Science / Engineering

Contact the manufacturer of the vacuum and demand that they reimburse you to have your carpet cleaned or replaced if it won't come clean. Most reputable companies will stand by their products and pay for any damages they cause as long as they aren't caused by misuse. I once bought a Bissell steamcleaner that dumped an entire bucket worth of water on my carpet but wouldn't suck it back up, the company offered to pay to replace my damaged carpet.

Good Luck & Happy Holidays.

probably not.

- Response by guy5432, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?