Is it possible for a man to knock Mirena (IUD) out of place?
Sex & Intimacy / 3:50 PM - Wednesday December 16, 2009

I have Mirena so this really concerns me. After the last time I had sex, I had a cramp in my abdomen for 2 days. Does somebody know anything about this?

If the sex was particularly rough and he was hitting your cervix, that can cause a little cramping afterward.

If it was a severe pain, see your doctor. Mirena is designed to be able to withstand sex, obviously, but if it was improperly inserted then I guess it's possible.

- Response by blossom22, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Houston, Managerial

Contact your healthcare provider who inserted the Mirena.

Usually, no, a man's penis cannot reach inside your uterus during sex to knock an IUD out of place.

I am sure that it can be knocked out of place. IUD's have been know to dislodge and end up way off of where they are suppose to be. I would say go and see your doctor.

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial