I am in love with a priest...
Dating / 8:32 PM - Sunday December 13, 2009

i am in love with a priest...

i am in love with a priest and he is in love with me too. We met two weeks after he was ordained and fell in love. He is now in Europe for study and we always talk. He said that I just have to wait to meet his family's expectation and I believe him. But sometimes I feel I will be the loser in the end. Do you think we have a future?

If he is Episcopalian...they marry. If he is Catholic then let me tell you I know at least one couple....man was a priest and the woman a nun....they quit their duties and married. So stranger things do happen.

- Response by joybird, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

This has complete and utter disaster written all over it.

If you and he are serious, when he leaves the priesthood, then have him call you up. In the mean time, tell him to see ya later.

Ridiculous...

- Response by mafiamans1girl, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't priests not allowed to get married/have sex, etc?

If I'm right...then what are you waiting for? Is he going to leave the priesthood for you? If so, I'm thinking you will not get his family's approval and if he's not going to leave....what are you waiting for....he can't be with you.

- Response by bermudababy, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Student

not unless this priest's religion allows him to marry.

Theres a woman who got involved with a priest and they were nationally televised because they wanted changes made to the priesthood regarding marriage. Its unnatural they claimed. Also Ive heard that many centuries ago all priests were married and then somewhere it was changed. I think its lovely that youre both in love. It must seem like a test since it was so close after his ordainment, but love should conquer all :)
I wish you all the best!

- Response by colette, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Seeing how many religions call their ministers Priests. I don't have one, but from what I understand, if he is Caltholic, which some of my friends are, then he can't even have sex with you, much less marry you. However, not being an expert on religion, ask him.

- Response by phoenixbandit, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Columbus, Law Enforcement

So you learned how to talk walk and speak. Did anyone ever teach you how to get a decent relationship?

If he's a Catholic priest, there may be huge problems here. I may be behind the times, but I don't believe priests marry unless this is a priest of another religion other than Catholic.

I do think someday priests will marry as it's not a normal lifestyle the way they live now...

you should have sex with him.. like that one movie... that would be awesome and sow movies come to life kind of experience... good luck the future of your relationship is on your hands!!!YOU CAN MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!!!!

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35

It is so hard to say,two points:
first one, if the man love you really, and he can lose whatever he has in exchange your love, then i think you have hope.but those kind of true love is so rare in nowdays. so you should have self-mental preparation.
the second one: the man that close to you is not preparing to marry you, he can chect you first, after got your love , he will have lots of excuse to leave you alone, and always say that i will keep my promise or other Swears that he said i will treat you good for my rest of my life, it is always hypocrisy. you should have your wisdom to distiguish it.
be carefull my baby.have a good think before your making decisions. and good luck!

- Response by ttdanceflower35, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Guangdong