How soon does a man know he's found "The One"?
Dating / 2:48 AM - Sunday December 13, 2009

About 3 days after they break up

Love at first sight for me. Married 4 months after our first Date. Still going strong 37 years later. We have 5 children and 10 Grandchildren..

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

I don't believe there is such a thing as "The One". I think there are people that find each other and love each other and love being with each other and so want to make that more permanent by getting married but should that relationship fail or end, I don't think that they will be a) alone for the rest of their lives b) have to settle for someones less perfect or c) find someone they are better suited for just because the last relationship ended.

I think about 6 months is a good time frame to know if you want to continue to spend time with someone...and then it's just about making it work.

- Response by bermudababy, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Student

When he gets the last word... Lol

My serious answer I won't post...

- Response by socratease888, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Sydney, Who Cares?

The "one" is a fairy tale. A man will settle down when he wants to, regardless of which woman it is -- it is always about the timing, because some men let the "one" slip . How many of us know men who let the one get away, only to be married to the next girl years later... Timing is eveything !!! And if there was only one person in the whole world to make us happy, then peple would not remarry... Seek out Communications, Compatibility, Common interests
Chemistry..

- Response by travelchic, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

by the end of the first week with her....

I was once told by a man when i asked him why he hasn't get married yet. He told me he hasn't found the one whom he really want to be with everyday, u know like u look forward to it. Cause to him, ppl changed or u just dont measure up. And thats when the importance of communication kicks in. And its scary u know, the longer u been with someone, u either see the relevance or the real them and u felt, yeah, some part of this girl (whom i am attracted to in the first place is what i want, u r perfect) but then sooner, u discover some flaws and u discover more flaw.

I try to be that girl whom i think he would look forward seeing me everyday. True enough, he enjoyed spending time with me, but then left anyway. Cause i think the "we have a good time" part is just as it is. I wanted to be "the one" but i tried so hard but i forgot i have to find my "the one" too whom through time, he may not be the person i think i would like to spend the rest of my life with. So, its a too way thing, u be his and he be urs.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Auckland

In a recent survey, 86% of married men reported having a love-at-first-sight experience with their wives. But it is probably better to think in terms of "one of the ones" rather than "the one". I say this in part because of what I am now going to say: I have had two love-at-first-sight experiences in my life, and obviously they were not both "the one". But in each case the experience, which was not exactly the same (a girl glowing at me the first time, and hearing a voice the second time) happened within the first 10 seconds of interaction. But then I am a bit on the intuitive side: women have accused me of being a mind-reader, with regard to women, and not all men are like that, to put it mildly.

- Response by unluckyloveatfirstsighter, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Artist / Musician / Writer

When he finds a women who does not try to change everything there is about him, trashes his friends, family or complains about his untidy home. Having a job is a real plus too, lol. :)

the very first time I seen Her.

- Response by hotair, A Father Figure, Male, 66 or older, New Orleans, Transportation

You've got it backward-- He starts out believing she's The One, and later concludes that she's Not.

I knew it within one hour of meeting her.

- Response by stormbrow, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Ottawa, Who Cares?

I am not sure......he has not given me any reason to lend me to believe that I am that, so I think he may still be looking....

Maybe there is no "one" for me....

- Response by iowaczechartist, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

It's different with every guy

- Response by lmarks, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

There is no the one. At best he realizes he has found one he can tolerate for some number of years. There are thousands of those, and it really depends on how much intense time you spend together.

- Response by driveinby, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

When you come back from deployment, and they still want to be with you and haven't cheated on you or anything, they're the one. I'm happy to have found such a person.

- Response by STGchick, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Military

i knew on the first date. it was lots of things that happened on that never ending first date of some 7 hours. wish it could have lasted longer actually.

- Response by sirkermittsg, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Dallas, Transportation

when she agrees to forego any assets or income of his

- Response by A Career Man, Male, 46-55, New York, Who Cares?

TO the career man in New York....WHO CARES?!?!?! MONEY DOESN'T MAKE A PERSON OR A LASTING RELATIONSHIP! besides you are born into this world with nothing and you will leave with nothing!!!!!!!

easy there, hippie chick..your points are well taken..

i know i will leave this world with nothing..

what i am trying to accomplish is make sure i dont leave a woman with nothing! got it?